Chapter 9

She leans in again and I go to deepen the kiss but she pulls away before giving me more than a peck, "pace yourself, pretty girl. What's your favorite movie?"

I blush and smile, "uhhh."

A/n: I changed a couple things about chapter eight since last updating! So make sure you're caught up before you move on :)

"Oh, god. I haven't seen a movie in so long."

Billie places a hand on my shoulder and a smile slowly forms on my face, "Can we watch Princess Diaries?"

Billie chuckles and I blush at my childish movie choice.

"Of course, Jemma. Let's watch Princess Diaries!"

I smile widely, "Yay!"

We head downstairs and Billie leads me to the couch, sitting me down, "I'll be right back with popcorn."

I start to stand, "Need my help?"

She places a hand on my shoulder, "No, you sit. Let me serve you."

I smile, "Thank you, Bils."

She smiles back and heads to the kitchen, leaving me alone in the grand living room. It doesn't feel as grand as it used to. It feels smaller and cozier, like it's filling up with warmth and love.

Billie comes back shortly with popcorn and automatically pecks my lips after sitting down. I freeze at the unexpected kiss, and she chuckles, "Flustered?"

I blush, "How could you tell."

"You're red as a tomato," she covers her mouth and giggles.

I quickly cover my face in embarrassment and Billie giggles a little louder before turning to the TV screen and navigating to the movie. As the film starts, I glance over at Billie, wanting to cuddle. I suddenly get paralyzingly nervous, but I fight it, wanting to be nonchalant and enjoy myself with my pretty new friend.

I awkwardly stretch my arms out and rest one over Billie's shoulders. She laughs, "Smooth."

I blush in embarrassment and remove my arm, "Sorry, that was silly."

"No, no. It was cute. You want to cuddle?"

I bite my lip, still slightly embarrassed, and nod.

Billie smirks, "Alright, you can cuddle me."

I playfully roll my eyes, "Why can't you cuddle me?"

She chuckles, "Because I want to see what other smooth moves you've got."

"None of my moves are smooth, Billie."

She laughs, "Well I want to see what other awkward moves you have."

"Oh, gosh."

Billie makes no move to hold me, "I'm waiting."

"Oh, Billie. Don't make me do it. I'm gonna embarrass myself again."