Destined Meetings

There was once a boy who knew nothing but the world underground. He did nothing save dig and dig to support the only home he had ever known.

Then his brother brought him to the surface along with a fiery young woman with a gun. There they met many people and saw the monsters that threatened to destroy them. They fought many battles. More people followed their banner. They started to create an actual resistance against their foes. Everything was going fine. They were unstoppable.

Then his brother died.

Then he felt lost. He fought his enemies. Vented his rage out on them. But it never made him feel better. He blamed himself for his brother's death. For not being able to be like him.

Then he met a girl. That girl helped him realize the truth. His brother was dead, but his spirit lived on. Inside of him. That he shouldn't try to be his brother. He should be the man that his brother believed in; Himself.

He got back up. He kept fighting. Kept pushing himself forward. He kept on drilling. Even when the chips were down and he was near death, he kept on drilling.

And when he dug through, he won.

Not just against those who oppressed the surface.

But against those who had oppressed the universe. A race whose fear of evolution led to them locking away their own potential, and trying to enforce their views onto all living beings that wielded the Power Of The Spiral.

And when the battles were over, he turned away and left everything to the next generation.

Thus he sat in the desert, watching the sky as the humanity he fought to protect made it to the stars. He watched the lights in the glow as bright as the future he had secured. In his heart, he felt at peace.

The last thing he saw when he closed his eyes, was the night sky lit up by uncountable green stars.

....

...And when he next opened them, the first thing he saw was a dark blue ceiling with hints of purple in it.

Simon The Digger, the one who defeated the Anti-Spiral, the boy from the underground, and former leader of Team Dai-Gurren, blinked as he realized he was alive once again.

His mouth opened as he breathed in a lungful of the air of wherever he was. He quickly checked to see if his body was still in working condition. When he confirmed he could still feel his arms and legs, he used them to push himself into a sitting position. One hand reached up on instinct and he felt some of the building tension in his chest abate. He could still feel his sunglasses, securely sitting on his head. Looking to his right and holding his arm out, he could see that he still had the dark blue and red Team Dai-Gurren cape he wore when they went to fight the Anti-Spiral. And a glance at his legs showed that his blue pants held up by shining belts were still there as well. As he looked down, he saw that his Core Drill was gone. Which was expected. He had given it to Gimmy before he had left to wander the world. Entrusting the future to them. But though he didn’t have it...

He placed his right hand on his chest and sighed as he began to focus. A short exertion of will was all it took to make a green light pulse beneath his fingers. He could still feel the unending well of Spiral Power that rested within him. The confirmation that he hadn't lost his connection to that seemingly endless source of power gave him some more peace of mind.

"So. I'm alive, somehow. I’ve still got Spiral Power. And my clothes," Simon said to himself. His voice echoed across the empty walls of...wherever he was. Frowning, he got to his feet, glad that he could move all of his limbs without issue. Though he did feel his backbones pop as he stood up straight. With a wince he stretched his arms out above his head, enjoying the feeling of his backbones popping and cracking back into place. He continued to do various stretching exercises while observing his environment. But the ease at which he was able to move his body gave him pause. He held his hands up to his face and the confirmation made him gasp.