First Team Dungeon Run

Ms. Eina had drilled many lessons into Bell's head. Ever since he became an adventurer she made sure he understood where he stood as a Level 1 Solo Adventurer. That place being at even more risk than the average adventuring party. So, he had to take a certain adage to heart when it came to fighting in the Dungeon.

Fight smart, not hard.

If the monsters were in a group, he should run away and find a better position. If the monster was stronger than him, he should get as far away from it as possible. If he encountered a monster that wasn't strong but he couldn't handle, he should run in the other direction and see if he could get an advantage.

All of Eina's strategies involved him running away and for good reason. Out of all his stats, his Agility was the one that he had made his own. While not something he took pride in he couldn't deny that running away from his foes played a big role in his continued survival in the Dungeon. It was the only reason he had survived for so long against the minotaur. If he tried to stand his ground and fight, he had no doubt he'd be dead by now.

One could say that majority of his career as a Solo Adventurer had been one long sequence of running away from threats.

Which was on of the biggest reasons why he couldn't look away from Simon as he battled the four remaining Kobolds on his own. The blue haired man was surrounded on all sides by the dog-headed bipeds. The pack was uncharacteristically coordinated in their attacks. One would charge in with its claws at the ready, swiping at Simon as the human dodged the blows. Any attacks he couldn't dodge, he'd block by clashing his arm against the Kobold's. But the monster wouldn't relent, continuing its assault while its comrades moved around to Simon's back. Once in position, the three rushed in with their claws out and ready to rend Simon's back open.

Bell's grip on his dagger tightened when he saw the Kobolds. He ran forward as he shouted, "Simon watch-"

His words died on his lips as the Kobold's claws reached Simon's back...then were deflected by his cape. Bell nearly tripped over his own feet as his mind tried to understand what just happened. The Kobolds were equally surprised, all three falling back as they stared at the fluttering blue cape on Simon's back. The one attacking Simon paused in shock. A mistake which cost it dearly.

Simon dashed forward and grabbed the Kobold by its right arm with his right hand. Placing one foot in front of its own, he span around while his left hand grabbed onto the monster's arm. Too late it realized what was happening as Simon threw the Kobold over his shoulder and onto its back. Simon let the monster go before moving to the side and lifting his foot up. Grinning he looked up and shouted, "Bell! Heads up!"

"Wha-what?!" Bell had no time to think as Simon kicked the Kobold hard in the stomach. Its choked scream echoed through the room as it rocketed across the floor. Its body skipped along the floor, flipping as it crashed against the rocky earth on its way toward Bell. The young man panicked, instinctively raising his dagger as the monster got closer and closer. Ruby red eyes filled with confusion, he nonetheless swung at the Kobold once it was in range of his blade. His attack sliced cleaning through the Kobold's neck as the body landed a few feet behind him. He briefly stopped to look back at the now dead monster as it stopped moving.

"Mind giving me a hand over here, Bell?" Bell turned back to see Simon backing away while the remaining Kobolds gave chase. Though it didn't look like they were pushing the man back. Moreover, it seemed that Simon was jumping away on purpose. He was leading them toward Bell who was still trying to make sense of everything that just happened. Simon looked over his shoulder then smiled, "Could use some help dealing with them."

"Uh-Ugh-Right," Bell shook his head to get his focus back. He moved forward to reach Simon. The blue haired man grinned and stopped running from his adversaries. The closest Kobold moved in with its claws flashing in the light of the Dungeon. Simon ducked under the monster's outstretched arms then followed up with three hard punches to its torso, ending it off with a hard uppercut to the stomach. He drove the Kobold's breath from it before spinning around to its back. His cape fluttered behind him as he kicked the Kobold in the back. Using the momentum to boost himself toward the other Kobolds, he held out both of his arms to the side. The Kobolds, already running to him, were unable to avoid his double lariat. His arms curled around their necks before he dragged them to the ground with him.