Secrets And Meetings

"That was amazing!" Bell cheers as he runs into the living room. He turns around as Simon and Hestia walk in after him. He holds up both of his arms with a big smile on his face, "Did you see that?! We beat the Silverback in one blow! Everyone cheered for us, and I defended Lady Hestia!"

"Damn right," Simon walks over and pats the boy on his head. He tilts his head and smiles, "You did great, Bell. Beat your first big monster and all."

Bell's smile remained even as he shook his head, "No, no. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that if it weren't for you and Lady Hestia. You held the Silverback off long enough for her to update my status, and she's the one who gave me this."

Bell held up the obsidian knife that his Goddess had given him. The "Hestia Knife" she had called it, seemed to pulse with a dull purple and green light. He clipped the weapon to his belt, then looked over at his Goddess as she closed the door behind her. Before she could enter the room proper, Bell ran over and pulled her into a tight hug. She squeaked in surprise, but Bell kept hugging her with a bright smile on his face, "Thank you so much, Lady Hestia! Without the Hestia Knife and your support, I wouldn't have been able to win. I promise I won't waste this gift!"

A bright smile spread across Hestia's face as she wrapped her arms around Bell to reciprocate the hug. Her pigtails danced in the air with joy as she said, "Of course! It is only natural for me to do everything I can for you, Bell! You're my precious, all-important follower after all."

Hestia giggled while rubbing her face against Bell's chest. She also pressed her own chest close to his torso, hoping that he would notice but not run away this time. He did back away but didn't seem to notice her actions. He simply ran over to the middle of the living room and hopped in place for a bit, "And did you guys see what happened back there?! How the Silverback exploded twice after we cut it?! It was so...awe...s...some..."

Bell's body suddenly stopped hopping up and down. His eyes grew heavy, and all the energy he had seemed to flow out of his body. He swayed on his feet for a bit before starting to fall back with his eyes closed. As Hestia called his name, Simon moved over and grabbed Bell before he hit the ground. He pulled the boy up, but Bell's feet had gone limp. His mouth hung open as his chest rose and fell with each gentle breath he took. Simon rested him on his shoulder then smiled, "Figured he'd be tuckered out. Kid's been fighting for a while. Mind helping me get him to bed, Hestia? Hestia?"

Hestia shook her head when Simon called her name a second time. She blinked a few times before saying, "Huh? Uh, yeah! Yes! Of course. Let me just..."

She walked over to Bell's left and placed a hand on the small of his back. Although she wasn't as strong as Simon, she supported half of Bell's weight as they walked him up the stairs to the bedroom. After laying him down on the bed, Hestia gave him a goodnight kiss on the cheek. He didn't stir as they descended the stairs into the living room. Once they were alone, Hestia's good mood quickly vanished as she remembered that she still had to tell Simon what she had done.

Taking a deep breath to prepare herself, she stood up straight and said, "Simon...I need to tell you something."

Simon stopped in the middle of the living room and turned to regard Hestia. With a raised eyebrow, he waited for the Goddess to continue. Hestia fidgeted in place for a few moments, then she threw herself to the floor and pressed her head against it, "Please forgive me! I told one of my friends about what you could do! It was the only way I could get Bell his knife! I'm so, so, sorry but I-"

Simon held up a hand, his expression mostly neutral, "Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Hestia. I got the gist but need some clarification."

Hestia kept her head down but nodded her head to the best of her ability. Simon raised a finger, "Okay, so you told someone about my powers. Who?"