Chapter 10

I didn't reply. I just looked at the ground in shame. It was still in the middle of the night, and I was still ashamed of the dream I just had.

"Not even an answer, hm?" Carlos asked with an annoying tone.
"Shut up.." I mumbled. I felt guilty talking to him.
"Someone is in a bad mood" he teased. I knew he was trying to annoy me. His voice always had this kind of sarcasm in it, and it could either piss me off, or make me think it was charming. I could hear his footsteps. He was behind me.

"Is it your family again?" He asked. He actually remembered what I had told him the last time we met here.
"No." I answered. He then thought a bit more and asked,
"Is it something with Milo?" I went quiet. What was I supposed to say?! That I might be in love with him? That I can't just love Camilo only?
"Based on your silence, I'm guessing it definetly has something to do with Camilo." He said as he sat down on the ground. He was leaning up against a brick wall.

"Come on, tell me what happened." He said calmly. I didn't say anything.
"Did you get into an argument with him?" I shook my head no. He then thought a bit more, "Did you fall out of love with him already?!" He said with a chuckle and a smile on his face. "No! No, I still love him dearly!" I quickly protested.

"But?..." he said and looked at me. His eyes were telling me that he knew there was something else. I hesitated on what to answer, "I can't-" before I got to say anything he interrupted me and almost shouted, "You like another, don't you?!" He had a huge grin on his face.
Could he read my thoughts or something? He giggled, "poor boy, he loves you a lot y'know." I was still looking at the ground. I felt like a horrible person. I didn't wanna feel like this for Carlos. He doesn't even care about me, so what's the point anyway?

"I'm going home" was all I could say. I didn't wanna be in contact with him at all.
"You're not even gonna tell me a bit more?" He asked curiously. I looked at him annoyed, and answered no. "Oh come on, y/n, don't be such a scaredy-cat." He had a smirk plastered on his face. I didn't know why, but I sat down next to him instead of going home. He looked at me for a second before turning his head back forward.
"I'm not gonna tell you who the other boy is," my voice was strict. Not on purpose though, "but I could use some advice." I continued. I mean, getting advice from the other boy you're in love with makes sense in my head.
"Could you specify?" He asked me. What does he mean "could you specify"?! I just need to know what the hell to do!

"I don't know what to do! Just help me!" The words flew out of my mouth. He was quiet for a moment.
"Mm.. just cheat." He said with a shrug. I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed. Was this boy serious?

"First of all, I'm not gonna be an asshole and cheat on him. Second, how would I even know, that the other boy likes me back?" This boy was absolutely hopeless.

"Eh, you're right. I mean it would be eaiser if you told me who this boy is. Maybe I know if he likes you." He still wasn't looking at me. It's like his eyes were glued to the stars.

"I'm not gonna tell you who the boy is. I don't even know if he's able to fall in love." The last sentence came out quietly. I don't think Carlos is the type of boy, who falls in love. He didn't even want to make friends, what made me think that he could fall in love?

"I don't think he isn't able to fall in love," he said as he continued, "maybe he just doesn't show it." This boy had no idea I was talking about him. Carlos? Falling in love? Yeah, only in my dreams.

Nobody said anything for a short while, until I broke the silence,
"Have you ever fallen in love?" I asked him. Was it too obvious that I liked him? Before I could overthink it, he answered, "I don't think so. I don't know what it's supposed to feel like." His voice was empty. As were is eyes. Maybe he never got enough love to know what it is.

"It's hard to explain what it feels like. I think it's different for each person. You just know it when it happens." I said softly. Carlos turned his empty eyes towards me, "I think you should stay with Camilo for a while, and see if you still feel the way you do now." He was right.

"Thank you, Carlos." He gave me a small nod, "You should go home." His gaze went back to the stars. "So should you."