Chapter 11

I went home like Carlos told me to do. The next day when I woke up, I couldn't stop thinking about Carlos, and the conversation we had last night. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my window.
I opened the window, "Hi Camilo." A smile appeared on my face, "Hola cariño, did you miss me?" he said teasingly. I playfully rolled my eyes and helped him inside.

"You look tired, didn't you get enough sleep?" Camilo asked, while sitting on my bed. I yawned, "Honestly, no. I had trouble sleeping." I mean it wasn't a lie, but I still avoided, telling him why I couldn't sleep.

"Sleep a bit, amor, I'll be right here." His voice was so gente and sweet. Boy did I feel bad for him. He had no idea, that I'd fallen in love with his twin brother as well.
I layed down on his chest. I felt his fingers go through my hair, softly. I looked up at him. He was adorable! I couldn't help but give him a kiss. He clearly didn't mind it at all, since he cupped my cheeks and kissed me back. As we pulled away, I gave him a little smile.

"I appreciate all the attention you're giving me, mi vida, but you should really sleep. Your eyes are red." And so I did. I fell asleep, laying on his chest. It was one of the best naps I'd ever had.

When I woke up, Camilo went to do some chores for a few hours. I was now alone in my room. Thinking. Thinking about love. Thinking about the conversation from yesterday. Thinking about Carlos.

He was stuck in my head! I decided to get some fresh air. As soon as I got outside, I felt my skin heat up. It was so hot, that it was even colder inside of my house. Maybe I should go buy some ice cream! I went to a store, and looked at all the popsicles, they had. They all looked delicious. I ended up picking one with watermelon flavor. After I had paid, I walked by myself. It was quite nice. I looked to my right, and saw someone move behind a building with a quick motion. Maybe they were in a hurry?

As I walked more, I noticed the same person again, and just as I turned to look at who it was, they were gone. Where? I had no idea. Weird. That's when I saw Mirabel. She was the mysterious person! I quickly ran over to her, and hugged her.

"Mirabel, hi!" I was so happy to see her! Mirabel was one of my best friends.
"Uh- hi." She replied. She seemed off. She looked almost uncomfortable , which confused me. She was always so energetic "Are you alright?" I put my hand on her forehead. Maybe she was sick. I mean that would explain the weird behavior, but she wasn't. "What are you doing?.." she asked. Wasn't it obvious? "You're acting weird, are you feeling sick?" She shook her head, "I'm sorry, y/n, I know I'm acting weird, I just-" she stopped herself to do what looked like thinking, "had lots of chores to do, so I'm really tired!" She smiled.

"Poor girl, go rest, you probably need it." I said, and pat her shoulder. She nodded, "you're right, y/n, I'm gonna go get some rest, see ya!" She waved at me, and started back to Casita. At this point, she was out of sight. Suddenly I felt a hug from behind me, "Hey girl!" That was Mirabel's voice... "Mira, didn't we agree that you needed rest?" I said in a caring way, but she looked confused. "Rest? Y/n I didn't do anything today, I don't need rest." Okay this was confusing.

"Mira we just talked about your chores for today." Instead of agreeing, she looked at me as if I was weird, "Y/n are you okay? We haven't met today at all.." What the hell was going on? I didn't know what to say. "Maybe you're the one who needs rest." She said as she stroked my back carefully. I nodded. We said our goodbyes, and I went back home.