X

London glared at her phone screen as the rings buzzed through her speaker, her arms crossed. The rings continued for about ten more seconds before her call was finally answered by the Costa Rican man they were trying to reach.

"What do you want?" The man grumbled.

"Aye, you trick-ass nigga!" Tony spat at the phone screen, earning a slap to his chest from London.

"The fuck'd you just say to me?" The man on the phone raised his voice.

"Ignore him, man." London shot a death glare at Tony. "Look, one of my girls said you wanted to talk to me, so what's up?"

"Yeah, I wanted to talk, privately..." The man on the phone emphasized.

"Anything you got to say to her, you can say that shit in front of us." Rodrigo countered back, spitting. "Que mierda pasa, Mora?"

"Alright, fine." Mora hissed. "Did you little motherfuckers have anything to do with my men getting shot?"

"Which ones? And when?" Tony tilted his head. "Grievin' brain, y'know, fucks with the memory a lil' – you gon' have to elaborate."

"Look, I don't need you little jerkoffs playing stupid with me right now, okay?" Mora growled, causing London to give a sideways glance at her phone. "Just answer the fucking question. Did you or did you not?"

"Hold on, my nigga..." London paused, speaking as calmly as she could. "Take that bass out your voice, yeah? You ain't talking to them; you're talking to me, and I ain't come at you sideways yet, so cool it."

"Then control your fucking boy toys, Cadillac."

"See, now I'm starting to think you're trying to piss us off." Rodrigo cackled. "Yeah, your boys got clapped. Yeah, we fucking did it, but what the fuck are you bitching about, eh? It ain't like you can do shit now..."

"Rod!" London whisper-yelled at the boy, her eyebrows knitting into a tight frown.

"Nah, L, this motherfucker's getting me heated, bro! Like-" Rodrigo cackled again, louder and borderline maniacally. "Tony, can I get the n-word pass just this once?"

"Permission fuckin' granted." Tony bopped his head up and down.

"Bet." Rodrigo nodded back before returning his attention to London's phone screen. "Mora, you got the fucking audacity to be coming at us sideways when you KNOW your niggas tried scamming us when we wrapped up that deal!"

"Not even us, my nigga, you scammed Creed," Tony added. "You scammed the same nigga that saved you from that forty-year jail sentence you was s'posed to get back in Costa Rica for that fraud shit, helped you get ya name changed, and helped you build ya life back up from the fuckin' dirt. You thought none of us knew about that shit, did you?"

"Aye, you've heard of the phrase 'Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds You,' right, Mora?" Alex asked, pulling a hit from her vape pen.

"Who is that talking?"

"Ace, motherfucker, don't act like you forgot about me." Alex snickered to herself. "Have you or have you not heard of that phrase?"

"I have, but what the fuck is your point?"

"So, you've heard of the phrase, and you know the consequences that come with that phrase...Why'd you bite Creed's hand then? Was the food that good, Mora?" Alex tilted her head mockingly. "So good to where your greedy ass had to spin back and sneak in more of it?"

"Creed checked outta here – you knew that already, though..." Rodrigo quickly corrected himself. "And because you knew, you thought it would be smart to hound his employees over some bullshit that you caused!"