IX

"Thanks," Alex smirked at Rodrigo as he slid a glass of whiskey in her direction before she heaved a sigh she seemed to be holding in for a while. "Lord knows I needed a drink..."

"Stressed out, huh?" London took a seat next to her by the bar, watching her take a few sips from her drink and hiss.

"Not so much stressed, more like frustrated...with myself for the most part." Alex let out a softer sigh this time. "If only my fucking flight didn't get delayed, man – I would've made it back in time for the funeral..."

"Aye, nobody here's faultin' you for that," Tony reassured her. "That was just some shit that was outta your control; we understood. You and Nick ain't have no beef before you left, did you?"

"Nah, we were cool." Alex shook her head. "He even asked me to bring him back another case of soju..."

"Melon?" Rodrigo inquired.

"Nope, grapefruit this time."

"Whaaat?" Tony then chuckled. "He always asked you for the melon shit..."

"I know right? He deviated from the path." Alex laughed along with the group by the bar, and Mari just sat silent, listening to their conversation and occasionally smiling whenever one of them cracked a joke.

She set her phone down on the counter and stood from her seat. "Is there a bathroom near here?"

"Yeah." Alex gulped down the rest of her drink and stood as well. "I'll take you, come on."

"Oh...alright..." Mari slowly nodded and followed the girl out of the bar.

Alex led her a ways down the hall and around the corner to the restrooms, opening the door to the women's room for Mari. Once they were both inside and the door completely shut, Alex grabbed her by her forearm and pushed her against the wall closest to them.

Taken back by the sudden harsh action, Mari scowled at Alex. "What the hell!"

"The fuck do you think you're doing here?" Alex nearly growled her question.

"What are you talking about, Alex?!"

"What, you thought I forgot?" Alex raised an eyebrow. "I remember who the fuck you are, Mari. Who the fuck do you think you are stepping up in this bitch like shit's all sweet, huh?!"

"Don't try to pull that bullshit on me, man!" Mari yanked her forearm out of Alex's grasp. "They fucking brought me here – what was I supposed to say with a gun pointed at my damn back?!"

"So, you didn't just so happen to find out where I've been this whole time?" Alex asked her in a somewhat cynical tone.

"The fuck are you trying to say, Alex?" Mari lowered her voice as well as her glare at the girl.

"Oh, you didn't tell them?" Alex's eyes widened. "You didn't tell them that you knew me? That we used to run together. None of that shit?"

Mari scoffed at the girl, something of a smile forming across her lips. "Why would I? All of that ended a long time ago. We were still technically kids back then; none of it matters now..."

"Our gang fell apart because of you and your bullshit tactics and attitude, don't you fucking forget that." Alex cursed at her, taking a moment to breathe before looking into Mari's eyes.

"What happened to Nick, Mari?"

"You're asking me like I got the answer to that." Mari crossed her arms. "All I know is what everyone else knows; he was killed."

"And nothing else?"

"It sounds like you got something you wanna say, Alex..." Mari stepped up to the girl. "So, what's up, huh? You think I killed my own fucking father...?"