XIII

"Aw, what's wrong now?" London taunted Mora, tilting her head in Mari's direction. "Don't tell me you got spooked seeing her face..."

"Long time no see, jackass," Mari leered at the man as she cocked her pistol back. "Hope you know how long I've been wanting to put these bullets in you..."

"Where the fuck did you even come from?!" One of Mora's men scowled at the curly-head.

"Creed's nutsack, nigga – where else would she come from?" Tony smacked his teeth. "Stupid ass..."

"You...Y-You're still supposed to be in Boulder City..." Mora's voice quaked.

"Welp, change of plans, bitch." Mari shrugged. "What, you thought I was just gonna stay exiled? With these motherfuckers running the show now?"

"Guess your presence wasn't something he accounted for..." Alex pondered to Mari.

"Nah, I guess not..."

Mari went to take a step forward, but one of Mora's men stepped to her first. "Quit movin', you fuckin' brat-"

*BANG!*

That same man then collapsed to the ground, half his head blasted off from Mari's hollow-point bullet, smoke emitting from the barrel of her gun.

"Sorry, couldn't hear you, bitch-nigga..."

"Now it's two-v-five," Tony called out, aiming his gun at the other man. "Shiii, night-night, nigga~!"

Tony's gun fired, and the other man collapsed to the ground the exact same way, leaving Mora mostly defenseless.

Then Tony sneered. "One-v-five; this ain't lookin' good for you, my dawg..."

Mora growled as he raised his revolver once again, aiming at Mari's forehead and hissing, "Fuck this!" before pulling the trigger, only for his eyes to widen after the gun misfired.

"PFFFT!" Rodrigo snorted with laughter while Tony and Alex cackled. "Ahh, that's just bad luck right there!"

"Shut the hell up!" Mora roared, launching his faulty revolver in the direction of Tony and Mari, which they both dodged, and the gun landed in the dirt with a soft thump.

Mora then tried to charge at the five, but Mari fired her pistol again, shooting the man point-blank in the chest without so much as a flinch.

On his back, Mora made a feeble attempt to crawl backward, a burgundy streak left behind in his tracks. Only, he didn't get far – London's foot on his chest prevented him from moving further.

The pressure she placed on her leg dug the bullet further into Mora's chest, forcing a guttural cry out of him. London smirked at the pained noises the man was making, looking into his eyes with contempt.

"Goddamn, you're fucking pathetic." She snickered. "I told your ass that you were fucking with the wrong ones, didn't I? Y'all heard me say that, right?" She turned back to look at the other four.

"We ain't deaf," Alex shrugged. "And we ain't stupid either..."

"Literally all you had to do was be cool and talk it all out with us..." Rodrigo reminded Mora. "You'd still have a shot at staying alive."