Thirteen

Martijn's POV:

The last time I heard those three words were just couple of weeks ago when my ex decided to call me after we broke up exactly one year ago. That time I knew those words were faked, she used and betrayed me, why should I run back to her like a little naive puppy?

And here I heard it again, standing at the door frame and looking down at the crying girl that I couldn't get of my head for the last days.

Chloé.

"What happened?", I asked, trying to sound as soft and genuine as possible. I had no idea what was wrong, but she seemed upset, angry and sad to me. And somehow I had this urge to make her feel better.

"Can I just stay here for some days?", her voice was likely a whisper, her lips trembling as she fumbled around with her small hands. Just then I noticed the backpack hanging loosely on her back and a wine red purse on her shoulder.

She obviously saw me staring at her because she tried to laugh as she said: "Don't worry, I also packed some sleeping clothes this time."

I nodded bluntly, unknowing of what to say to her. I was never good at social skills and comforting people, so I had definitely no idea how to deal with this strange situation.

I gestured her to come into the apartment before taking her backpack and purse and putting it into my bedroom. When I came back, I saw her sitting on the cream coloured couch in my living room, with her legs pulled on her upper body and her head resting on her knees, staring emotionlessly in front of her at the black TV screen.

"You know you need to push this red button on the remote control or else this TV won't work on its own, right?", I said without thinking twice and I really wished I could facepalm myself for that stupid shitty joke before I slumped into the couch directly next to Chloé.

A weak laugh emitted from her though, as she wiped her tears off of her red cheeks. I froze for a second, looking up and down this petite figure and thought of something to say but I wasn't able to form any words right now. All I knew for sure that something bad had to happen to her since she was desperate enough to ask me for help. Even though we might not know each other that well, she definitely had to realize I wasn't the type of guy who was good with words and being nice to girls without wanting a reward for it.

And besides, I knew from my own experiences that I rather not talk about the events with another person, I liked to keep my problems to myself. But still, I didn't know how to deal with Chloé. Maybe she was different than me and preferred talking?

How is that flirting with girls seems so fucking easy while this situation is so damn difficult for me?

As I almost grew desperate internally, Chloé's eyes met mine and I noticed that her long black lashes were still damp just like the skin below her eye.

Before I could stop myself and think before acting, I raised my hand and something inside of me immediately calmed down when my palm got into the touch of her warm cheek.

"You had a tear there.", I made up as an excuse as I moved my thumb underneath her right eye. I couldn't break our eye contact, her gaze made me breathless and made me feel the way I never did with another girl, before I looked down at her lips and stared into her eyes again, waiting for any sign of her. Chloé nodded, hesitantly at first, but finally a little smile made its way on her face and I couldn't resist to lean closer to her, breathing in her faint perfume and connecting our lips as my only thought was: I need you too, Chloé.

Aaahh I love this chapter! I hope you liked it at least, too ;) how is everyone doing? I can't thank you enough for all of your support, it feels amazing! Comment what you think of Chloé and Martijn and what might happen to poor Chloé? I hope you all had a great start into the week and see you soon ;D