#01

"𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆"

"𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆"

Unlocking the door to her apartment, she threw the keys on the table and collapsed on the couch, not even bothering to take off her soaked jacket.

It was pouring outside making it an unlucky day for a taxi driver like her. She tried almost every possible job, but none of it worked out.

Probably because her temper always got the best of her. Dealing with shitty customers in a fast food restaurant or delivering packages to ungrateful Karens, the list was endless.

Being a Taxi driver was the one job for her. It didn't pay that well, but atleast she had a few times where people tipped a lot or let her keep the change.

A tired sigh exited her lips as she forced her tired body to get up and drag herself to the bathroom. She glanced at her reflection in the mirror.

Pitch black hair messily hid under a baseball cap. Her leather jacket completely soaked and the rest of her clothes weren't in better condition.

The eye bags under her eyes already indicated that she'd done too much for one night.

Since her job forced her to work mostly at night, she had gotten used to sleeping very late and waking up.. also late.

Did I mention she goes to church every sunday too?

Yeah don't even ask, she didn't even know why she did it at this point. It was a habit she couldn't get rid of.

Early in the morning Mira threw on a comfortable outfit and a cap to hide her bloodshot eyes. It was emberrassing to go out like that, to her atleast.

The ravenette walked into the place, greeting a few church friends, which consisted of old ladies, middle-aged moms who were overprotective of her and teenagers who were forced to be there.

Those girls would always gossip about the boys at their school. Sometimes she'd listen in just to entertain herself with their drama.

That day as well she was listening to their conversation.

"And then he said she dressed like a slut and humiliated her infront of everyone."

"Are you serious? That guy needs to be put in his place."

Called her a slut?? Wow teenage boys are a lot worse than I remember. The ravenette thought to herself and chuckled.

Her dark eyes suddenly caught a glimce of an unknown male.

It was pretty uncommon for males to come to church, most of them got dragged by their wives and younger ones definetly didn't come on their own.

This person seemed to be alone.

His blonde hair was the first thing she noticed. His appearance in general was... Unique.

Not to mention the tips of his hair were dyed a pretty blue color matching the shade of his eyes. What's a handsome, seemingly rich, charismatic guy like him doing here?

She brushed off the useless thoughts and pulled her cap more on her face. Maybe a little nap would fix her headache.

The seat next to her shifted as the stranger sat down next to her. Mira's head comfortably landed on his shoulder as he raised a brow.

"Oh?"

He waited for the girl to wake up and lightly tapped her shoulder. His hand slightly pushed her cap away as he glanced at her face.

The ravenette's eyes fluttered open a few seconds later. She uncomfortably rubbed her neck and looked at the man.

There was a sly smirk decorating his lips. Her eyebrows furrowed as she ignored his presence and walked off.

She made conversation with a few single moms in the area. It was good to have some connections in case of an emergancy.

The woman she was speaking to Ms. Miller turned her attention to the group of girls talking loudly. "Kids these days, they always fawn over the older, handsome guys." She said with a laugh as Mira scoffed.

Doesn't seem surprising, the only reason that guy came here is to attract girls with his charming smirk, if you can even call it that. "Why else would he be here? Playboys are just looking for some fun."

Her words came out a little too loud as the whole church turned to her. She didn't get bothered by all the stares, but the fact that those girls were glaring at her did.

She noticed the stranger's reaction, an amused smirk. He was pretty entertained by her comment. Great, I can even tell what each smirk means. The ravenette rolled her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

Ms. Miller chuckled wholeheartedly and spoke jokingly. "Isn't this generation attracted to that though? Bad boys are their style."

Mira awkwardly laughed it off and left soon enough. Gosh I wish I didn't have to put up with all that every sunday. She took off her cap on the way out when someone's voice stopped her.

"Wait!!"

Author's note

Author's note

Chapter 0 is out. I hope you enjoyed it, more chapters coming soon, I have big plans for this story.