Code of Thieves

The codes etched upon this marble, stolen from our greatest enemies are to be adhered. If broken, you may face banishment, execution, and the defamation of your name.

__________________________________

The Monarch of Thieves

-------------------------

The Monarch, or rather the King or Queen, is sole ruler of the Nation of Thieves.

They will have the utmost respect.

The Royal Thieves

-------------------------

-Normally titled Prince or Princess

-Play a supporting role for their Monarch

-Act as a mediator between the Monarch and the Court

-Alone, they are treated with the same respect as does the Monarch

-When accompanied with a Crown, the Crown will receive the utmost respect

Court of Thieves

-------------------------

-Support the Monarch in their decisions

-Act as advisers

-Composed of those who had helped and played a significant role in the Anarchist War on the side of the Thieves and the Shadow Guild

-The Monarch will choose twenty families to place on the Upper Court

-The chosen Court members and their extended families are considered a part of the Court, though extended families are a lower rank than those of the Upper Court

-Court members must specialize in the traits of the Nation of Thieves

-Alone, they will be treated with the same respect as a Royal Thief when accompanied with the Monarch

-When accompanied with a Royal Thief, the Royals will have the utmost respect

______________________________________________

Every member of the Nefarian Government—Court Members, Royals, and Monarchs—must list their most prized possession in a secure database. They will be notified and asked to either keep or update their selected prized possession. For Monarchs, this will most likely be their crowns which have provided them with immense power.

If the most prized or loved possession of any member of the Nefarian Government is stolen, the thief may take the victim's former rank. The victim may be killed, defamed, and/or exiled as punishment for their failure. This rule applies even if the victim is the Monarch.

The only exception to the rule is if this robbery takes place during a time of war. If anyone on the side of the declared opposition robs either a Court member or Royal, the victim will be replaced by their own family members. If the Monarch is robbed by the declared opposition, they may be replaced by the next Royal in line, or the Royals may allow the Court to vote for a new Monarch who is separate of the current line of succession.

As said before, all rules must be followed or you may face banishment, execution, and/or defamation by the Court.

The Monarch may choose the punishment they deem necessary for any other crimes.

For those of you who are reading this in real-time, I'm really sorry for not updating in a while. Between college and a whole slew of other chaos, I have been bogged down by work and my own declining mental health. But things are starting to look up now!

That being said, the last chapter I posted was Chapter 57, but I actually have Chapter 58-62 written!!! (I've been working on them on and off during the last few months. I just wanted to post them all at once because they flow together very well.)

That means there are five new chapters!!!

I will be posting these over the course of the next 24-48 hours so keep your eyes peeled!

I'm really excited because these chapters are what I first imagined nearly three years ago when I first started writing this book. This is part of the reason it took me so long to write it--I wanted it to be as perfect as possible so I don't disappoint 15 year old me, but eventually I just decided to write it, perfection be damned.

So, I hope you guys enjoy! Don't die!

-Sreenija Paruchuri, your favorite psycho