A little heart to heart

Ben stood in the doorway to the twins room, with his arms wrapped around Gerrie and his head resting on top of hers. Both silently watching their son and daughter sleep.

"Thank you Geraldine. Thank you so much. This moment right here, this is what I have wanted my whole life. To have my arms around the woman I love and that loves me back, while I watch my beautiful kids sleep."

"My pleasure Ben. It's what I've dreamt if too."

Ben held Gerrie for a while longer, before taking her hand and leading her to the couch.

"You're not staying are you?" Gerrie asked.

"I want to, so much, but I can't. I made a deal and in order for there to be hope of continuing this dream,I need to get back soon. My being here might also put you in danger."

"From who?"

"Homelander. Vought. The Agency, Butcher's boys, well it has girls too, so I guess Butcher's team. If they find out about you, I'm ..."

"Scared they goin to use me, us as bait or even collateral damage?"

"Exactly."

"What happened Ben? It's been over two years. Where did they take you? What did they do?"

"It was a fuck up of note. We went in all guns blazing, but already divided. Half of Butcher's team wanted to stop us.

We get there and my Fuck up of a son, comes sniveling to me, talking of how we can make a good team and how we can be a family. Even introduces me to his kid. Can you believe I have a grandson?"

"Ryan? Yeah he's been all over the news with his Dad. Has a lot of Homelander's powers."

"Yeah, kid actually drew blood- he laser eyes me. anyway then Butcher goes and gets a hard on for the boy, which I don't understand as turns out his dead wife is the mother. I don't understand why he wanted to protect the product of his wife's affair."

"It wasn't an affair. She was raped. Vought faked her death and hid her and baby away. She died protecting Ryan from Stormfront, who was Liberty. Ryan is the only thing Butcher has let of Becca."

"Fuck! Raped? Fucking Pu$$y. That makes what happened at the tower, it makes more sense now. Butcher wanted to protect the boy, I wanted to blast him along with his Dad. Turned into a complete shit show of everyone turning on me as if I was the bad guy.

Twinkle toes used her lightning to try to fry me. And they tried to put a novacheck mask on me.

I will admit I freaked, said I wasn't going back in the box. Decided to blast them with my chest shit. But Amazon woman, came charging out of no where and pushed me out the fucking window.

I let the blast out, hoping it would take me with it. I just remember the blast, bright light and then darkness. Not sure how much time passed when I 'woke' up inside a glass box. Awake but not able to move."

"Ben" Gerrie said heartbroken.

"Broke my back with the fall. But healed eventually. Instead of leaving me to my own thoughts like the Reds, the Agency would talk to me. Explained about my PTSD. Triggers and steps to control it. Slowly weaned me off the gas, made me a deal. They would help me acclimatize, help control my blasts. I've been using it to blast people and remove their powers."

"I have so many questions."

" Go ahead and ask then."

"Okay, so what exactly is the deal?"

"I help them rid Supes of their powers, especially Homelander. They then work out a way to take mine away. Once I'm supe free, I get to live out my old age somewhere. If I fuck up or cause a ruckus, I get eliminated."