The calm before the storm

It had been a long six weeks since the morning Ben had left. Gerrie had tried to keep herself busy, but her mind kept coming back to Ben.

' Had he found his answers? How bad were they considering the damage he was leaving in his wake?'

The local and International news outlets had been bombarding the public with constant images of the destruction of Crimson Countess' trailer, the horrifying images and long list of deceased and injured from Herogasm. Shouts of Terrorist were heard everywhere, Homelander leading the charge on that. His smug smile allover tv an magazines.

Gerrie knew that Soldier Boy was capable of a lot of bad things.  But Solider Boy wasn't Ben. Shit, maybe she was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome or something. Maybe she was just blinded by love and good sex? Okay, really really good sex. Was she wrong to stick up for Ben? Maybe he lied about the Midtown explosion being an accident. He had used his " power" now three times, four including when he was released.

No. He was either a very good actor, or he told her the truth about it being an accident. And based on those terrible movies from the eighties, he wasn't winning any acting awards.

Looking at the old team photo she had found of Payback, there was now only two members left, Mindstorm and Black Noir, who nobody had seen for since Countess's death. Was he dead or just in hiding. How long would it take before Ben found them so that he could come back to her?

So lost in thoughts, Gerrie jumped when there was a knock on her door. Putting down her glass of whisky, she got up from the couch and made her way to the door.

Looking through the keyhole first, Gerrie froze.

Recovering quickly, she unlocked the several deadlocks and flung open the door.

Ben!!

Gerrie flung herself into his waiting arms, smashing her lips to his.

Loosing herself in his kisses, she didn't notice as he kicked the door closed behind them and then walked them to her room, laid her down onto the bed but she did notice as he made sweet love to her.

Later that night:

Having sated their hunger for each other's bodies and now food, they sat together on the couch sharing the rest of the Whiskey.

"So wait, let me get this right, Ken Doll twat is your son?"

"Ken doll wannabe caped twat. But yes."

"And you are going to kill him, cause you promised this Butcher guy, who's been helping you track down your team?"

"Yeah."

"And you're okay with that?"

"No." Ben answered. Then replied with " Yes. Fuck I don't know. His my son, my only boy, but he's a asshole twat who flies around in a fucking cape, like he owns the place. Probably got the flying from Liberty. If they used my junk, then they must have scrambled it with her eggs."

"Wait, what?"

"Liberty must be his Mom. We were at Vogelbaum together at the same time."

"Oh my fuck!"

"Since when do you swear Geraldine?"

"When I realise your son is literally a mother fucker."

"I just told you he was a twat."

"No. I mean like literally a mother fucker. Like he fucked his mother."

"He fucked Liberty? No she died back in the eighties."

"No,she died a couple of weeks back. Seems Liberty faked her death and then two years ago came back as Stormfront. Made movies and fell in love with America's sweet ass. But it just came to light that she was actually a Nazi and was propaganding for Nazi regime. But nevermind that, Stormfront and Homelander were a couple. A real life having sex couple."