White Goop

"I don't think we belong out there, Terry, in space. The cosmos is something we have no part in. We are small-pitifully so-in the grand scheme of things." I said all this to we sat out on my porch.
"What makes you say that?"
"That shit from the crater," said I, "it's getting worse. It's using me as a sort of conduit between worlds. I can see what it sees, and vice versa. I can peer into their plane of existence as they can to ours. I'm a sort of doorway between worlds, but that means we can see each other. The thing is that I see their reality the way they see ours."
"What do you mean?"
"Imagine how an ant perceives the out-sole your shoe as you go to step on it: What is this madness? This terrifying, monstrous thing that is coming down upon me? That is how I felt Terry. I don't know if what I saw was just some benign, non-living force or if I made actual contact with extraterrestrial life. Either way, I felt vulnerable-helpless, even. The kind of feeling you get as you're out on the ocean and see a colossal wave bearing down on you. I was facing something that was terrifying, and unspeakably horrible. Even now, as I tell you all this, I could not begin to convey with words something that horrifying. All I can say is that the madness from something like that the madness from such things would rival the likes of Nero."
"Why are you telling me all this?"
"Because seeing is believing. When I touched that white crap from the meteor, it spread to my back, where the eyes are. I also tell you all this..." I'd taken my shirt off. "...Because it's already too late." With that, the eyes on my back opened. The doorway opened.