4

"There are five other tenants, and only one of them remembers you, and that was vague because you didn't talk to him." Ben stated

"I don't know why I am like this. There has got to be a reason." Miranda sighed.

"Other than being a sad, lonely cat woman, without cats."

"She's dumb."

Ben opened the drawer, looking for a knife to cut up his apple and pulled one open with menus.

"Knives are in the drawer on the left of the stove." Miranda reminded.

"Look." Ben held up along with pulling out, papers. "It's a dry cleaner ticket, and this paper has an address on it. What number is that?"

"I think it's a 3. I must have been writing fast."

"Ok, the ticket is 3 months old, but you never picked it up, I'm guessing. Let's go to this dry cleaner and see if the owner remembers you."

"Alright."

Ben grabbed his keys, and they walked outside. Miranda watched as he walked over and unlocked a silver Mercedes.

"You have a nice car." She complimented.

"Thanks and Buckle up."

"Your jokes are not funny."

"Just admit that was a good one."

"It was, but can we limit them to one a day."

"Twice, and you've got yourself a deal."

"Deal." She smiled as he cut up the music and began driving.

"Oh yes, this suit was jet black." The owner stated, looking at the ticket Ben handed him. "Vince camuto."

" I remember it. That suit is expensive."

"Do you remember anything else about the woman? It's important." Ben asked urgently.

"She's pleasant and always wears a bright smile."

"Now that is more like it. That sounds right."

"She actually saved my wife's life... My wife was getting ready to step out into the street during the"dead baby" bike race."

"Does your wife and her talk?" He inquired.

"I'm not sure. My wife is out of town visiting our daughter. I can have her call you."

"Yes, thanks. My number is (206) 310-6445

The two watched as the man wrote it down, and he smiled nodded.

"Wait, Ben, get my suit." She insisted, putting her hand through his shoulder.

"Can I get the suit?"

"Items left too long. We give them to homeless shelter."

"You gave away my suit. Are you insane?... it was a Vince Camuto." Miranda yelled.

"Ok, let's go." Ben told her, and he missed the man's confused face. "Are you coming or not?"

"That idiot gave away my suit. The pants were 95 dollars alone."

"Miranda, it's gone. What do you need it for... really?"

"It was a nice suit. My interview suit." She pouted.

"Let's go."

"Now what?"

"We go to this address and figure out if someone knows you there, then we take a break for food."

"You sure do eat a lot."