Chapter 2: Welcome to Auradon

The initial part of the ride was silent, until Jay and Carlos started raiding the candies that were available to them. Rage and Misery were looking intently at the sweets as well before looking to Demitri for permission, to which the boy nodded before they started helping themselves. Evie just grabbed a piece of rock candy after the boys and imps had their raid, and Demitri couldn't help but try the sour gummy worms while Mal just played with the remote. Pushing the main button, the divider separating the kids with the driver lowered, and Evie looked behind her to see them heading straight for the edge of the island.

"Look!" She calls, getting everyone's attention.

"It's a trap!" Carlos yells before all the kids started freaking out, holding on to each other and screaming as they waited for the limo to drive off of the edge and into the water. Luckily, that never happened, as a magic bridge appeared and the limo kept driving normally.

"Wait, what was that?" Demitri asked after they all calmed down and realized they were safe.

"Maybe it's magic!" Misery answered.

"Hey." Mal says, tapping the remote to get the driver's attention, "Did this little button just open up the magic barrier?"

"No." The driver responds, "This one opens the magic barrier." He then holds up another remote. "That one opens my garage. And this button..." He doesn't finish the sentence as he presses the button and brings the divider back up.

The rest of the drive went back to mostly silence as the group arrived at Auradon. That is, until Jay and Carlos started fighting over random stuff. This continued until they stopped in front of Auradon Prep, and the two fell out of the car. Evie carefully stepped out around them, followed by Mal, Misery, Rage, and Demitri. Shortly after, Fairy Godmother approached, with two other students the group didn't recognize.

"Just cleaning up." Jay says to her after he and Carlos stop fighting.

"Leave it like you found it!" Fairy Godmother says in a singsong voice, "And by that, I mean just leave it."

Jay then reluctantly threw everything back in the limo while Rage and Misery laughed, earning a snap from Demitri to be quiet.

"Hello, foxy." He then says to the brunette girl behind Fairy Godmother, "The name's Jay."

She just laughed awkwardly before Fairy Godmother continued.

"Welcome to Auradon Prep. I'm Fairy Godmother. Headmistress."

"The Fairy Godmother?" Mal asked, "As in 'Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo?'"

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi you know it!" She responds.

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella, when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand, and warm smile, and that sparkly wand." Mal continues, trying to play nice.

"That was a long time ago." Fairy Godmother says, "And as I always say, 'Don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future!'"

Rage laughed before earring another snap and a glare from Demitri before going quiet again.

"Oh, and I see you've brought some... friends." Fairy Godmother says, noticing them.

"They're my imps." Demitri informs her, "They go where I go, and their inclusion was they only way I would have remotely agreed to come. That won't be too much of a problem, I hope."

"Well, we might have to make some extra housing accommodations..." Fairy Godmother starts, "Since we only expected the five of you."

"We can stay wherever he is." Misery chimes in. "We don't even need beds. Chairs or floor will be just fine."