1

A young man, about 19, inside an adoption center looking for a cute, tiny baby he could take care of. Girl, or boy. It didn’t matter to him, just as long as he could see the child grow up before his eyes. “Hello, are you looking for a cute one to take home?” The male nodded. “Yes I am, I want to adopt to see them grow up in front of my eyes.”

“How great. We have many kids. Babies, toddlers. Some of them stay up to 7, and then they get drove to a foster home. We have one baby you might be interested in.” The woman spoke, walking the male over to the baby section. “We have many names, all in alphabetical order. What’s your name, young man?”

“Park Jimin.” The woman running the adoption center smiled. Putting her hands together. “What a lovely, wise name. We have plenty of Parks in the P section. Or are you looking for something different? Like a Kim maybe? Jung? Choi?” Jimin shook his head. “A surname that catches my eye.” He looked around, one of them catching his eye. “We have some-”

“Him.”

“Min Yoongi? He’s special. No one has ever taken him.” Jimin slowly walked up to Yoongi, picking him up from the crib. The baby boy named Yoongi stared at Jimin, his doe eyes widened. His pacifier bobbing in and out of his mouth. “He’s perfect.” The woman smiled fondly. “He seems to be liking you already.” She mentioned. Jimin looked at the baby in his arms, cooing softly and gently tickling his neck. Hearing a giggle, he was in awe. “Look at him, so cute.” The two walked over to get adoption papers, Jimin signing them as he gently rocked Yoongi in the carrier they gave him. “It’s okay, bubaloo. You’re coming home with me.” After signing all the papers, Jimin found the adoption process to be easy. Walking out with the carrier and his new son. “Have a great day, and take care of him well.”

“Thank you, once again.”

“Of course!” Jimin and the lady bowed. Jimin got in the car, strapping the carrier in the back just in case. He heard small coos and babbles, gently tickling his baby as he then heard giggles. “Aww.” Placing his hand out, wondering if Yoongi would hold onto his hand. Small fingers wrapped around his index finger, his heart melting at the sight. “So much fun together.” Sitting in the drivers seat and buckling himself in, wondering what the lady meant by Yoongi was special. Driving home as he thought. Was he..born different? Different personality from all the other babies? He didn’t know. Formula, he thought. “Oh! I have to get you food.” Turning around, Jimin drove straight to the store. “Clothes too.” He went on a shopping spree, buying baby and toddler clothes, some baby toys, pacifiers, bottles, and formula. “How old are you?” He asked himself, looking at the papers. “8 months. That means you can talk, hm?” Cooing at the baby in his arms, rubbing his cheek gently. Yoongi squirmed, looking around. New places, new surroundings. “Say Dada. Come on, bubby. Dada!” He heard, looking at Jimin. Dada? He made a ‘pbbt’ sound, giggling after. His pacifier falling out. “Woopsie!” Jimin bent down to pick up the pacifier, accidentally hitting Yoongis head. “Oh no, bub. I’m so sorry. Shh.” He hugged his baby, rubbing his back. Hearing cries, he felt bad.

Starting to bounce him, he walking around with the cart in the baby isle. “Bubaloo, hey. Hey look, it’s a cute monkey.” Taking a monkey rattle, he showed it to his son. Watching him take it into his hands. “There you go. So precious.” A girl walked up, “Can I see the baby?” getting excited. Jimin moved to show Yoongi, seeing him playing with the rattle. “Oh my goodness, he’s so adorable! How old is he?”

“8 months. He‘s the most cutest and precious little baby I’ve ever seen.” Jimin moved some hair out of Yoongis face, kissing his cheek. “Mwah.” Yoongi looked at Jimin then at the girl standing in front of him. Pointing at her. “You see a new person, huh?” He nodded. Jimin smiled. “Did you want to hold him?”