Chapter 8 - King of clubs

"Sorry, I should probably introduce us better. We are the citizens of this country." Kyuma announced, Arisu was already having a field day with this new information about what this place was and everyone else was just bored and wanted to get started. (For anyone who has already seen the series and doesn't want to read the rules for this game then I will make a gap for you to skip to, it will be quite big and there will be text in brackets there for you. I'm saying this because the explanation will be long, sorry!).
"The goal of the game is to accumulate as many points for the team as possible in the time limit. There are three ways to obtain points - Battle, Item, and Base. All points lost or gained affects the team total.

Battle

In order to battle, the player will have to make physical contact with the opponent's body. The bracelet will sense the bioelectricity and initiate the game, The bracelets will reflect the points of the player and the opponent in the battle. The player with the greater number of points is the battle’s winner. The loser will automatically transfer 500 points to the winner at the end of the battle, Teams may battle with multiple players by touching an opposing player/group while keeping physical contact. There is no limit to the amount of players that can group together to battle, When this happens, the total points are added and compared. However, the reward and penalty is split between all participating members of the battle (500), Although the group’s total score is seen in group battles, how the score is divided is still ambiguous. (For example, if 2 players have a total score of 3000, it is unknown if it is 2000+1000, 1500+1500, 2900+100, etc.).

Items

There are six random items hidden in containers around the game arena with varying worth in points - 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000, 2,500, 3,000, Once the item is found, the player will gain the points tied to the respective item upon physical contact.

Base

The base is a place where an infinite number of points is stored. If a player were to successfully touch the Base of the opposing team, they’re rewarded with 10,000 points, When making contact with one’s own base, that player will have an infinite amount of point, In this event, the points transferred will be 10,000 points from the loser to the winner, Once the player breaks contact with their own team's base, their points will resume to what it was prior to contact with the base in addition to points earned whilst in contact. You guys' base is this one right here, ours is on the other side of the Dock.

Other

If a player's points falls below 0, it’s Game Over for them, It’s Game Clear for the team that has the most points by the end of the time limit. It is game Over for the team that has the least points by the end of the time limit. The team who loses will be lasered, After each Battle that results in an exchange in points, any further attempts of exchanging points is forbidden. If players accidentally or purposefully engage in a battle with a player in that state, both will be shocked with a high voltage electric current. So, that should be it, you can check the screen on the tower any time to see the rules if you forget. So, no more waiting, let the games begin" Kyuma explained and issued his team to run back to their base and left the others at theirs.

(OK you guys that skipped can start reading again now :] )

"Ok, I'm confused, there was too much to take in there" Niragi said as he slammed his head into one of the crate then screamed from the pain. No one bothered to tell him again and basically just said that he'd figure it out. "Alright, I've thought about it and I have an idea, me and usagi will go as a pair, chishiya and kuina can go as a pair, and finally niragi will stay at base" Arisu said and received some agreeing nods. Niragi was still on the floor from when he banged his head but he shot up and forgot about it when he heard that he'd have to stay at the base and started having a tantrum like a toddler. "Ok here's the deal, I've made these groups because niragi is definitely the slowest person here, we'll give him 100 points on the band, me and chishiya are slower so we'll have 4,300 points each so we can take on someone if we're alone and finally kuina will have 700 points and usagi will have 600 points because they're the quickest. Can we all agree on that" Arisu finished and gained the approval from everyone, even Niragi reluctantly, except for Chishiya, Arisu approached him slowly, Chishiya was looking down at the floor opposed to his normal gaze at the sky, he didn't say anything and neither did Arisu. "It doesn't matter how many points we have just as long as its above 2000" Chishiya finally announced which granted him some weird looks from everybody except kuina who basically just rolled with everything her boyfriend said no matter what. "During Kyuma's explanation of the rules I studied the citizens, some of them looked annoyed when Kyuma was speaking despite being his friends, and now I know why they were. Kyuma's plan for this game was to give everyone the same amount of points. When he was still leading his band he believed that they'd all be equal no matter what and he made that statement public, it's reasonable to assume he's kept that promise. So, he'll give everyone 2000" Chishiya state still calm as ever but left everyone shocked yet again by the sheer limits he'd go to so he could find an opening to beat the game. After a minute or two the group decided on the points they'd all get and the game finally began.