Great Expectations

We were in the locker room. Meredith and I were laying on the bench. Cristina and Alex stood at their lockers. Izzie walked in.

"George has turned into a sex machine. Are you hearing me? A machine of sex. We have to do something. What's wrong with you people?" Izzie asked.

"Derek kept me up all night with his ranting. 'Kota and Charlie were up all night. Cristina and Burke still aren't speaking to each other," Meredith said.

"Oh, you know what? I'm fine. I'm just not going to be the first one talking. He's going to be the first cause I'm in the right. Talking first is for losers. I'm winning," Cristina said.

"And Alex. I don't know what's wrong with Alex," Meredith said.

"Nothing wrong with me. I'm all good," Alex said.

"Bullshit," I said.

"Let me just remind you that I'm still recovering from the death of my fiancee, the demise of my surgical career, the fact that I was forced to deposit an $8 million check that I was saving for a good cause even though I haven't found a good cause. I'm the only one here under the care of a shrink. I could blow any minute. Now, George's dad has died. He's turned into a sex machine. I'm going to need a little help with that so one of you better pull it together," Izzie said.

"Didn't you cut the LVAD wire that meant that Denny needed the transplant that killed him and your surgical career? Which is also why you need a shrink. Also, have you ever heard of savings accounts? So what I'm really saying is you brought that on yourself," I said. "Too much?"

"You should be sleep-deprived more often," Cristina said to me. George walked in.

"Hey anyone seen Callie? I kind of need to see her for something," George asked walking off.

"Sex is healthy," I said. "Boosts your dopamine and endorphins,"

"This is why we're best friends," Alex said.

Timeskip

Cristina and I were on Callie's service.

"How's George?" Callie asked.

"Dealing I guess," Cristina said looking at the chart.

"Well, he sure has a voracious appetite," Callie said.

"You know, some people bake, others eat," Cristina said.

"No not that appetite, I mean the other appetite," Callie said.

"Whoa. Ok. We're not friends, you and I. We're not friends. Please don't talk to me about what George eats," Cristina said.

"Ok, I was just concerned and I thought you'd be concerned. But you know what? Forget it. I don't like you," Callie said.

"Oh, now my feelings are hurt," Cristina said as we walked into the ER.

"Steve Beck, 32. Right patellar dislocation secondary to a fall while running a marathon," Cristina said.

"Paramedics told me I blacked out," Steve said.

"Any theories as to how Mr Beck here passed out?" Callie asked.

"No sign of head injury. His BP was low in the field. 80/60," Cristina said.

"Athletes have low BPs," I said. "And guessing by the fact you seem experienced enough to have a low BP I'm going to assume that you know to make sure to keep yourself hydrated," I said.

"I drank a lot along the way," Steve confirmed.

"What else did you do today?" I asked Steve.

"Ate a couple of protein bars. Took a couple of aspirin for this cold I'm fighting. I got another race next month," Steve gasped out in pain as Callie reset his leg.