Opening Crawl

STAR WARS

EPISODE II

ATTACK OF THE CLONES

War has engulfed the galaxy. After the Invasion of Alderaan, the Separatists continue to gain more and more power from planets that have allied themselves to them.

On Coruscant, there is unrest in the senate as thousands of solar systems have declared their intentions to leave the Republic. This Separatist movement, now under the leadership of the mysterious Count Dooku, has been waging a war against the Republic and will not stop until the Republic and Jedi are destroyed.

Jedi Knights have been leading armies of clone soldiers against this threat in a conflict that the galaxy has come to call THE CLONE WARS. Clone soldiers created on the oceanic planet of KAMINO are being deployed to serve the Jedi and fight alongside them to protect the galaxy from the Separatists' wrath.

To make matters worse, several senators who are loyal to the Republic are being targeted by bounty hunters who have been hired by Separatist sympathizers in order to prevent any chances of peace from happening.

On her way to Coruscant, Senator Padmé Amidala plans to vote on an act that would allow a peaceful negotiation with the Republic and Separatists. Hoping to put an end to this destructive conflict, once and for all....