Chapter 2: But It Feels So Right

The next morning, the Wild Boys went to class before they could see Simon and Martin in the hospital. Of course, they couldn't forget how traumatised they were when they saw Michael's hanging body in the school hallway. Now, there were lots of memorials commemorating Michael. "Seems like everyone's commemorating him," Larry said. "Yeah, how come nobody's spreading awareness about suicide?" John (Taylor) asked. "We don't know," Dave said. "About a hundred or so students had committed suicide in this school, some failed, others succeeded," Mart said, remembering the history of his school. All John (Taylor) could think about was his suicide attempt that put him on oxygen 24/7. "That's the sad reality of this school, nobody cares if their students died on school premises," Fletch said.

"Why can't we change it? We have so many American students too and we're always doing anything to make changes. I remembered doing a report on Rosa Parks when I was studying in my old school in America," Maddy said. "Maddy, Rosa Parks refusing to stand for a white man happened in 1955, this is 1985," Kate said. "Just because things are different now, doesn't mean we can't make changes," Larry said. "Yeah, we tried to protest against the Troubles that split Ireland apart but our teachers thought we were crazy," Bono said. "Why would they think you're crazy? It seems like you were trying your best to have the IRA stop," Siobhan asked. "Well, it seems like our teachers support the IRA too for some reason, I dunno," Larry said. "But that doesn't mean we can't make a difference, we can help spread awareness about suicide," Jon said.

"How?" Everyone asked. "Larry, remember when you posted something on the notice board?" Bono asked. "Oh yeah, I was looking for band members for some band," Larry said. "Maybe you can try to do that to this school too, this time to help spread awareness about suicide," Adam said. "That sounds good but first of all, we need to print out copies," Jim said. "And I know where to print them," Nicky said. "The computer lab?" Simon asked. "No, the library," Nicky said. The Wild Boys then headed to the library. They'd usually do their research here but it's been a while since they last came there. "It's been a while," Roland said. "All I could remember is you reading that Primal Scream book," George said. "I know," Roland said. "And I can't read because I'm dyslexic," Roger said.

"There are Macs over there that could be useful," Nicky said, going up to one of the personal computers. He turned it on and opened MacDraw to make the poster. "Okay Larry, the rest is yours," Nicky said. "Wait a sec, but I'm not an artist and I dunno how to use this sort of software," Larry said. "Oh come on Larry, you're also part of the engineering club, you can do it," Bono said. "Yeah, because I got bored while I was sick in bed all the time so I taught myself engineering, that doesn't mean I can start working on graphics," Larry said. "Maybe I can help," Nicky said. "Of course, thanks Nicky," Larry said, grabbing a chair next to Nicky. "Does anyone want to get a book to read?" Roland asked. "I'm dyslexic," Roger said. "I know, but what about the rest of you guys?" Roland asked.

"You bet," Mart said. While Nicky and Larry were busy with the poster to spread awareness about suicide. "So, do you know anyone in your life who had committed suicide?" Nicky asked. "Not really, apart from Michael," Larry said. "Well, you've been in this school since 1982, right?" Nicky asked. "Yeah, because the school knew I'd get better treatments for my cystic fibrosis. While Bono, Edge and Adam, they got expelled," Larry said. "What for?" Nicky asked. "Because Bono kept on 'causing mischief' when in reality, he was just fighting off bullies who were bullying me and then Edge and Adam got involved for some reason," Larry said. "Were there any suicides in your old school?" Nicky asked. "Yes, many kids had killed themselves on school premises," Larry said.

"Geez, that's rough," Nicky said. "I know, and Bono and I would see dead bodies everywhere and then we'd hear banshees too. I couldn't help but wonder why they died before a terminally ill kid like me," Larry said. "Larry, you're Catholic, right?" Nicky asked. "Yeah," Larry said. "Coming from a Catholic myself, I mean, almost everyone is Catholic but whatever, some kids in your school just want to give up on life while you're actually a stronger person," Nicky said. "Really?" Larry asked. "Yeah," Nicky said. "You gotta be joking, I can't be strong if I'm nothing but skin and bones, steroidal on my cheeks or not being able to breathe or gain weight on my own without the help of tubes," Larry said. "Well, you kept on holding on, trying to survive whatever infection you got and you can't forget the fact you transferred your energy towards all of us," Nicky said.