House Targaryen has been in power for as long as the realm can remember, and they only have that power because of their dragons. Dragons are what give the Targaryen's power, and are the reason why they continue to reign. Dragons are beasts that have been tamed. They are magic that is to be wielded. Dragons are the fire that runs through House Targaryen.

But with great power must come a heavy toll.

In order to keep the Iron Throne for themselves, the Targaryen family spares no expenses when it comes to preserving their bloodline. Cousins marry cousins and uncles marry nieces. A custom of which Westeros does not necessarily approve of.

During the time of King Jaehaerys' reign, there came a time for him to decide the name of his heir, and the options were completely different.

Princess Rhaenys Targaryen.

And Prince Viserys Targaryen.

But of course, the realm chose a male heir.

Never would they willingly hand the Iron Throne to a woman.

And so, King Viserys ruled over the kingdom of Westeros alongside his wife, Queen Aemma, desperate to produce a male heir.

And when the Queen became pregnant, all of King's Landing was in celebration as the King anxiously awaited the birth.

And during her labors she pushed and pushed as her husband held her hand.

But when the babe came out, something was clearly missing.

A cock.

King Viserys and Queen Aemma's first child was a little baby girl, hardly what they needed for an heir

King Viserys and Queen Aemma's first child was a little baby girl, hardly what they needed for an heir. Nonetheless, they loved their child dearly, and once Princess Rhaenyra came to her 5th name day, the Queen fell pregnant once more. The King was certain this time it would bring him a boy, but alas, that is not what the Seven had planned for them.

The King and Queen's second child was another little baby girl, giving the Iron Throne no heir still, but this child was different than her older sister.

Princess Vaemyra Targaryen was born through fire. She turned her mother's womb into an inferno during her labors. She was born hot to the touch, so not even the Maesters could touch her.

The two princess' grew up together within the walls of the Red Keep, never once leaving each other's side. As soon as Vaemyra was old enough to walk, she would follow her sister everywhere she went.

The duo became a trio as Lady Alicent Hightower became friends with the sisters, and together they learned what it meant to be a woman of the realm.

Since Vaemyra was younger still, she found that her sister became closer to the Lady Alicent than herself. Spending more time together than she would like. Vaemyra would still try to follow, but somehow always got caught by the Kingsguard.