" The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few days it seems we have traded a crabfeeder for a Sea Snake."

" This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Alicent."

" Years have passed since the bidding with his daughter. Certainly, he still cannot be wroth?" The King asks as he sits at the head of the table for the Small Council meeting.

" The Sea Snake is an overproud man, your grace. That pride has been injured," The maester responds, " Perhaps we can salve the wound?"

" I fear Lord Corlys is the least of our worries."

" I don't wish to cause you further distress, your grace, but my brother has sent disturbing word from Oldtown," Otto interrupts, " Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sea Lord of Braavos. He plans to wed his daughter Laena to the Sea Lord's son. If House Velaryon entered into an alliance with the Free Cities, then... we would have to seek out our own marriage pact."

Rhaenyra tenses at the thought, not only for herself... but for her sister. For Vaemyra.

While Rhaenyra may be of age... Vaemyra is young. Too young. She can't be married off—she mustn't.

Rhaenyra knows in her heart who she wishes to be with, but she also knows that the realm would not allow it. And above all, her father would not allow it.

The wailing of the small babe serenades the heir as she walks to her chambers, bidding Ser Criston goodnight before finally deciding to retire.

She removes her jewelry and sets it down on the table, but something is odd. She empties out a seemingly innocent satchel, only to find old and tattered clothes within.

She gives it a sniff, and it smells like dirt. It smells musty. It smells like a peasant.

How peculiar.

She finds a rolled-up note beside the clothes, and she opens it up to reveal a small map with High Valyrian text. She reads over the words carefully and follows the instructions of the map, pressing on one particular brick until a secret door opens.

A hidden passage.

Those known only to Maegor the Cruel.

She places the old clothes over her body and covers her hair with a wool cap. She descends the stairs that lead her to a balcony overlooking the Kingdom. She thinks that nobody will spot her, but she is quite wrong.

For who else would find Rhaenyra but her sister?

Vaemyra happens to be overlooking her balcony atop the high floor and catches a glimpse of something moving. She turns her head to the left and sees Rhaenyra sneaking about.

Strange.

Where would she be going at this late hour?

Suppose there's only one way to find out.

Vaemyra takes a similar approach, finding her plainest garbs to wear, and tops it all off with a hooded cloak.

She looks over the balcony, following the stairs she saw Rhaenyra go down with her eyes until she wagers that it leads to her chambers.

Excitedly, Vaemyra exits her chambers and saunters off to Rhaenyra's, where Criston Cole stands guard.

" Goodnight, Ser Criston," Vaemyra says as she opens the door.

" Good... night, Princess," Ser Criston trails, all-be-it, dumbfoundedly.

Once inside, Vaemyra eyes the quite obvious hole in the wall, and once near, it is confirmed to be a set of stairs hiding there.