Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Shoya Todoroki - Past 2

Chapter 5Shoya Todoroki - Past 2

Many years passed

Many years passed. Shoya is 13 years old now. The training continued everyday. It has been so long that things had been conditioned into Shoya's head from what to do when he wakes up to what to do until he falls asleep.

Everything was the same each passing day. Not a single thing changed. Not a single second was wasted.

From when he was four, he has never stepped out of the training room. His father didn't want him to waste his time interacting with his mother and siblings.

Every single day Enji would burn so bright, almost to the point of torching the room. Shoya then would be ordered to control the gravity of the air molecules to bring the flame down, which was almost impossible at the speed molecules are moving around in the extreme heat.

Enji wouldn't exactly teach anything. He would kick and punch Shoya until he was able to defend himself by creating some techniques with his quirk himself.

It was understandable. He was the family's odd one so his father wouldn't know what to teach him.

His father said everyday that he could surpass All Might. He wouldn't say that if Shoya's quirk was some ordinary ice or fire, right?

So Shoya endured. Without a dream for himself, the dream his father forced on him searched for a spot to anchor itself in Shoya's mind.

He was the big brother. He needed to become strong so he could be for them in the future. It must be hard on Touya to take his place and be there for Fuyumi... and did he have other siblings?

No, right? If his mother was pregnant, his father would've told him, right? So it's only Fuyumi and Touya.

He will surpass All Might so that they both can live freely.

Yeah, that dream seems reasonable enough!

At one point in his bleak days, Enji had came into the room, furious, shaking with anger.