Chapter 13 The Envoy

Birds chirping and children laughter(plus Emilia's) could be heard in the background as Ichigo Kurosaki (1) stood still for a moment, he was confident in his reading abilities with this world' language but he still felt as though he should check over the list again, just to make sure he's got it all right and isn't missing anything.

"Hmm, yeah, I'd say that's everything" Ichigo nodded, confirming the items on the list, he has them all, not a single one seems to be missing, he turns on his heel, Ichigo went to go retrieve Emilia.

The kids had spotted him and asked him to play, unfortunately for them he was busy, thankfully though Emilia had accompanied him this time around and he was able to distract the kids by offering her up.

Otherwise they'd follow him around and pester him all day (saving someone's life can really make them fond of you), Emilia was hesitant but Ichigo could tell that she was opened to the idea, for some reason though it seems as she was holding back as she pulled her hoodie further up, it wasn't even down to begin with and was already resting just fine upon her head...

Could be she was shy or nervous around children, Ichigo reasoned as he eyed the girl, eventually the children's pleading gets to her and she looks towards Ichigo.

"Would it really be alright?" The way she gazes up at him and tilts her head, one would almost call it cute, if Ichigo were any other man, he might have been fallen for her or something,but he's not,so all he does is smile and nod.

"Yeah sure have fun" Ichigo encourages as Emilia slowly smiles and runs off to play with the children, Puck was following shortly behind her, telling her to be careful not to trip and fall as Ichigo turned around to grocery shop which was faster and easier to do now that he was getting used to things around here.

As Ichigo approached the sliver haired girl and the children that played. It was obvious she had lightened up and began enjoying herself at some point while he was shopping.

Though despite how long he was shopping and the slight heatwave, Emilia hadn't taken off her hoodie, her little cloak was still on with the hood covering most of her face, just as he had left her...

It made Ichigo curious as to why she didn't take it off, whenever she visited the town with him, he thought about asking Emilia about it later.

"Hey Emilia! It's time to go" Ichigo called out from his spot for Emilia who looked up and over from the children, she was still smiling from the joy and excitement though it was slightly smaller now. A little bummed that she couldn't play longer.

"Coming!" Emilia responded back as she waved her farewells to the kids who whined and complained, they clearly still wanted to play, especially when Puck flew out of one of their hands, he was nice enough to let the children pet and groom him... though he clearly got something out of that so was it really him just being nice?

"Aw, can't Emilia and Puck play a little longer?"

"Yeah please Ichigo?" The children beg and pleaded but Ichigo remained firm, shaking his head.

"Can't,we have to get these groceries back to the manor" Ichigo gestured towards the bags he was carrying as he turned down their requests to play longer, the children pouted disappointedly. "Boo" the child crossed his arms while the rest displayed similar disappointment as both Ichigo and Emilia said their farewells to the children as they left for Roswaal's manor.

"Hey do you need my help with that?" Emilia politely offered her assistance with the groceries but Ichigo shook his head.

"Naw, I got it, thanks"

"Whoa what a gentleman" Puck jest at Ichigo as he hovered above Emilia's shoulder with a tiny smirk. "And You're such a good girl Mili" Puck praised Emilia for her kindness.