Chapter 03

PRECIOUS

Chapter 03

" I'm still asking why? Do you know something that I don't know ?"

" Can't you just listen for once in your life he is bad news stay away from him and he will hurt you , have you ever seen a taxi driver that is loyal out there . These people see beautiful women everyday , the kind of women that you can't compete with , the kind of women who have a nice body and behind . And than there is you with that flat ass of yours ." I look at her , did she really have to say all of that .

" You talking as if like you do not have a flat ass ." I say in my defense,  my ass is flat but not the kind of flat ass , if you know what I mean . She ignores me and goes to the only bag she came with . She opens the side zip and takes out a roll of money , I gasp and put the baby down becouse I might drop her out of shock .

" Sis where did you get that money ?" I ask , she throws it my way and by holding it it is a little bit heavy.  It is covered in that plastic they use to seal meat.

" I have been saving it all up for you Memulo,  you have disappointed me greatly , not just me but dad two ." I didn't expect that I swallow hard and look at the money than back to her .

" What about mom ?"

" She is probably dead by now ,wherever she is "

" you could have used this money to support your first born , who knows maybe he would have been still here with you . Not with unknown people. "

" Ya"

"Who is the father?" She moves her weight to the other feet that goes to show how uncomfortable she is ." You don't have to answer that " I say

" I don't know the fother , both of them ."

" So it's true you sell your body for money"

" You won't understand it..." She tries to defend herself but i do not let her finish the sentence.

" If things were hard over there you should have came back home and be with me , Aunty loves us and supports us and you choose to sell your body at hill what what .

" It's clear that you do not know your aunt" She walks out of the the room and i throw myself on the bed next to the baby .

"I'm starting to hate your mom ."

As if it can hear me she starts crying, damn girl you have the ugliest cry ever .

___________

Xolani Zungu

We are seated around the table having breakfast  , my brother left yesterday with his wife. I will be leaving in five days and I am so not ready for that , I know that I was saying I want to  go back to work but I certain person has made me think twice about hurrying to go back .

I am still shocked at the boldness that came from here asking to come with to Johannesburg,  I was indeed tempted to say yes but than I can't just go to her. Johannesburg it is not just a place that is 30 minutes away , waht if something bad happens to her and I will be the one held responsible . My sister walks in in her full school uniform with her iPad in hand , I regret ever buying that for her . She greets and sits down .

" Did you hear that Ntombikayise came back from Johannesburg,  apparently she came back with another baby. " One thing about Ntokozo is that she is noisy , I also think that iPad is also held responsible for her bieng noisy .

" Let's hope smangele won't give this one up for adoption " That's Mpumi ,she hates all of the Nyathi sisters Precious included im surprised she is saying that .

" Let's hope Ntombikayise won't teach Precious her evil tendencies, may god be with that girl that house is just out of order " Mom says back .

I look at my brothers and they are all in their own world,  I kick Andile under the table and give him the "Change the topic" look . He rolls his eyes and starts talking about going to university and study , me and him we both know that he wants to be a professional boxer , but he is scared to introduce the idea to the parents . They will probably tell him that there is no future there and he will die in hunger while badly bruised.

Mpumi leave first for school , she is in metric she was supposed to attend a morning class but mpumi bieng mpumi that she is she did not attend . I look at zanele as she is busy with her iPad not paying attention to her food , if dad was here that phone would have been long gone from her hands .

__________________

With every ring of the phone my heart skips a beat , I'm just hoping that she won't flip since I got her phone numbers behind her back . Knowing women they are unpredictable, you don't know whether she will flip or not .she answers the phone when I am about to give up and goes silent

Xolani:Ntokazi( I say first and I can hear her breathing.)
Precious: God who is this?
Xolani: Zungu
Precious: OH I won't even ask where did you get my phone numbers ( I can hear the attitude coming out of her mouth , I can't help it but chuckle )
Xolani:unjani kodwa?.(How are you though?)
Precious:I'm good
Xolani : Can I see you later today .
Precious: No , I will only see you when you agree to go with me to Johannesburg.
Xolani: You want to go to Johannesburg with a man that you are not dating? ,( She groans in annoyance) who knows maybe if I see you I will change my mind .
Precious: Okey I will come , and you better change your mind I am suffocating in this house .

With that she hungs up , I stare at the phone in disbelief.  No one has done that before , she has got some balls . I tuck my phone away and start walking to my brothers shop, since I am not working I can't just sit around and do nothing,  dad I asked me to accompany him to work but I declined the offer . He works for his friend , they build houses and also do plumbing. 

I get to the shop and greet my sister in law , we start talking and laughing and she also tells me that my brother took the live stock for a walk . Customers come and go some just walk in and look around than go some buy that bread and leave. Ntombikayise walks in the shop and takes some nappies and formula,  she goes to pay at the till but stops immediately when she spots me.

"We need to talk " she says , I stand up and walk outside while she is left to pay than walks out while folding her hand .

" What is it that you want ?" I aks as soon as she gets to me .

" stay away from my sister" that's the first thing she says .

" You know I can't do that , I love your sister "

" God go find a women your age who is also matured , stay away from my sister I bet she is also not your type ."

" Just becouse we slept together doesn't mean you know my type " She throws a hot slap my way and I look at her holding back the urge to just walk away........