~Chapter Three~ It X Can't Be X You

"There's no way you're the guy who saved my mom's life." I comment as I shake my head. "You just had a guy's arms disintegrate." I remind him then he hums.

"Yes, it was because he was incredibly rude~." Hisoka agrees. "He lacked manners and needed to be taught a lesson~." He validates then I shake my head.

"You can fight a guy and teach him a lesson, not disintegrate his arms." I remark.

"But it wouldn't be a permanent reminder for him~." He disagrees then I scoff.

"Trust me, I wish I could disintegrate someone's arms for multiple things, but I wouldn't do that because someone ran into me." I tell him then he hums.

"You are a very interesting individual~." He comments as he steps closer to me. "I'll have to keep a close eye on you~." He jokes.

"You stay far away from me." I bark then an alarm goes off.

We all then look towards the tunnel, feeling it start to rumble as a wall starts to go up into the ceiling. I then look and see a man with purple hair and wearing a tuxedo in front of us, seeing him hold an alarm clock that was a head.

"I apologize for the wait." He apologizes as everyone stares at him. "The entry period for Hunter applicants has ended." He mentions. "The Hunter Exam will now begin!" He announces as people start to look at each other in excitement. "A final caution. If you are short on luck or ability, you could very well end up seriously injured or even dead. Those who accept the risks, please follow me. Otherwise, please exit via the elevator behind you." He mentions while nobody moves from their spot.

All of these guys are hella cocky if they think they're going to make it through this quickly.

"Very well. All 404 applicants will participate in Phase One." He announces then he turns around and he starts walking away.

Everyone then starts to walk behind him at a normal pace while I stayed towards the front, keeping a close eye on the examiner to see where he goes next. He then starts to walk faster, eventually escalating into a jog, making everyone else start to jog behind him.

"I forgot to introduce myself." He announces as we all look at him. "I am Satotz, the Phase One examiner. I shall lead you to the exam's Second Phase." He introduces.

"Second Phase? What about Phase One?" A man asks.

"It has already commenced." Satotz answers as everyone starts to whisper, confused. "You must follow me to the Second Phase site." He mentions,

"Just follow you? That's it?" The same man from earlier asks.

"Yes." Satotz answers as we continue to run behind him.

Staying behind Satotz seemed too easy as the first task for the Hunter Exam, that's what most people would at least think. However, that's what every examiner would want you to think. Just so that they can start to beat on your mental strength, showing that you never know what is happening next.

Everett had warned me that this is what might happen in the exam. Not the running aspect, but the fact that some parts of the exam may look easy, when in reality they will not be. People were already dropping left and right like flies because of their lungs and endurance already starting to fail on them.

Lucky for me, I grew up in the woods behind my mom's house practically and ran everyday as well as throwing myself over whatever trees or bushes I could find. Just from playing in those woods everyday for years and playing with Gon at aunt Mito's house on Whale Island, that is what is helping me the most right now. And the simple trick more than half of these applicants don't know is to breathe through your mouth and nose, not just your nose because of the oxygen intake.