~Chapter Thirty-Five~ The X Yorknew X Auction

"This is the biggest auction in the world?" I ask Hisoka, waiting for the others to get ready.

"Yes, it is ran by the mafia~." Hisoka answers and I nod.

"So, no pressure, huh?" I joke, making him smile.

"Addie!" Korbin shouts then I turn around, seeing him at the doorway. "We're leaving." He tells me and I nod.

I glance at Hisoka and he nods then I walk away towards Korbin and we walk down the hallway, leaving the hideout.

"You will stay on top of the building next to the Cemetery building, where the auction is being held. Do not come in unless a mass amount of mafia people start to come into the venue. And when we're going back to the hideout, stay at a mile distant from us. That way if things go wrong, you are able to be there in a short period of time." Korbin explains and I nod. "Ef þetta fer í fokk þá er það höfuðið á þér. (If this gets fucked up, it's your head)" He warns me then we step into the hot air balloon.

"You have such a nice brother for letting you have such an important part in your first job." Nobunaga comments as Shalnark gets the hot air balloon going.

"Yeah, you're a lucky girl." Uvogin agrees and I hum.

"I guess so." I comment, shrugging. "Who all is going inside?" I ask, leaning against the side.

"You should've remembered." Korbin tells me, glaring at me.

"I'm making conversation." I argue, us staring at each other.

"I don't know where everyone is going." Kimora interjects, Korbin looking at her. "It would be nice if I know where everyone is too, so I can help them." She adds then Korbin scoffs.

"Me, Franklin, and Feitan are going to be in the auction when we initiate the attack. Machi, Uvo, Shalnark, and Nobunaga are going after the merchandise. Shizuku is there for cleanup." Korbin lists then he points to Kimora. "You are going to stay on the building south of the Cemetery building. Addie is going to be west of it. When we make our escape, you two are to stay a mile away while you're following the hot air balloon back to base. Do not interfere unless you see us clearly struggling and if we stop, you stop. We all go back to base together unless I tell you otherwise, got it?" He explains then Kimora and I nod. "Good because your stop is here, Kimora." He says as he opens the door of the basket.

Korbin gestures towards the exit and Kimora takes a deep breath, hopping out and landing on the building. The hot air balloon moves forward and it stops over my building. I walk towards the exit and Korbin puts his hand on my back, pushing me out of the hot air balloon.

My eyes widen as I land on the building and roll on it, standing back up. I look up at the hot air balloon as it moves towards the Cemetary Building, landing on top of it. I scoff as I brush myself off, sitting down on an A/C unit on the building, carefully watching the entrance of the Cemetary Building.

Korbin had me, Kimora, Franklin, and Feitan all dress formally to stay disguised during the attack. For me and Kimora, it wasn't as much of a deal as it was for the three who were doing the initial attack. Being on the sidelines as backup was a mixed feeling, I wasn't sure if I should feel honored I was included on the mission or feel guilty because this isn't what I stood for morally.

Killing people for fun to get what I want was never something that I had liked. Killing in general has been something I've also avoided my entire life at all costs. Unlike my brothers who have no issue with it, then there's me, who would probably have a huge breakdown if it happened. So in this scenario, if I got jumped, I'm not sure how I would get myself out of it without killing the other person.