~Chapter Six~ The X Third X Phase

"I apologize for the long wait, everyone. We will be arriving at our destination shortly." Beans announces over the intercom, making me open my eyes from my sleep.

I stare up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath, realizing what I was still doing. I slowly sit up and get off of my bed, leaving my room and looking out the window. There was a large building with red brick all around it, seeing that it was a tall tower as we started to get closer to it. I look behind me, seeing the other applicants walking the same direction and I follow them.

I get to the exit of the blimp, stepping out as everyone stands on top of the tower. Mutters erupt in the crowd as everyone start to try and figure out what we were doing her, what this place is, and if it was part of the Third Phase.

"Excuse me!" Beans calls out then we all look towards him. "Everyone, the exam's Third Phase will begin here, at the top of Trick Tower." He reveals.

"Trick Tower?"

"To pass this phase, you must reach the tower's base alive. The time limit is seventy-two hours." Beans explains then I start to look around. "With that, we will now begin the Third Phase. I pray for your success." He tells us as he boards the airship. "Best of luck everyone!" He cheers through the intercom.

I start to walk around the top of the building, immediately knowing that the tiles on the top were doors to get in. I glance around, seeing people falling in through the top, knowing my theory was correct. I then look down, finding a tile that looked like an L shape tile, stepping on it then falling into the tower.

I land on my feet in a brick room with cement floors, seeing a large door across from me and a speaker mounted on the wall. I stand up, wiping my hands on my clothes as I stand in the middle of the room.

"Welcome to the Third Phase of the Hunter Exam! I am the prison's warden and the examiner of this phase. And from what it looks like, you have chosen the survival path in this phase." A man announces then I hum.

"What does that mean?" I ask, looking at the door in front of me.

"It means that you are to fight any beast that comes through those doors in order to enter the next room. Each room will have a different beast that will approach you and attempt to kill you. You must kill each beast and pass each obstacles that come your way in order to pass this phase of this exam." The man mentions then I shake my head.

"Well, this is gonna be fun..." I mutter.

I hear the clink of chains as the door slowly, hearing a quick screech. Then through the doorway comes the creature, lunging at me and I quickly jump to the side, letting the creature run into the room. I take a closer look at it, seeing it was a Man-Faced Ape that looked like Everett almost. I stand on the side of the room, staring at the creature as it starts sniffing in the air.

Its head then slowly turns around towards me then it lets out another screech, lunging at me. I jump to the side again and the creature just continues to run at me. I curse under my breath as I move around the room, trying to create some sort of distance between us to give myself a moment to think.

"Jesus Christ this thing moves faster than I thought..." I mutter as I look on the walls.

I find pipes along the walls and the ape lunges at me again. I jump to the side and grab a pipe on the wall, putting my feet on the wall. I push myself off of the wall and towards the ape, tackling it to the ground. It starts to scream and cry out as I grab onto its head, jerking it to the side, snapping its neck. It then falls limp to the floor and I stand up, looking at the open door.

I walk through it as I find myself in a small caged room, probably where the ape was this entire time, making me feel slightly bad for it. I walk towards the door and press on the button, seeing it open and I walk into another room. This room was a lot bigger than the previous room with two thick wires above my head, both of them going from one corner to the other and making an X in the middle.