Ch5 The Battle Tower

"W-W-Will you b-b-b-be my date t-t-t-to the tornam-m-ment?"

"No! Are you kidding me? After what happened? You said you just wanted to be friends so why would you even ask me that!?"

That's totally what he was bracing himself for when he walked up to the door and couldn't stop the words from leaving his mouth and he had froze standing there like he was a movie and someone pressed pause on it. You had also froze at the shocked face you gave Before your face went neutral and you slowly asked him.

"Milo," you voice dropped to a low and serious level, "A-Are you...a-asking me on a d-date?" Your face went red and so did his.

A..date? As in like an actually romantic date?! NO! Absolutely not- Or was it? NO! What was he thinking!? Having you on his arm, smiling, and making him feel better about being there himself. Keeping his attention on you while you him. Maybe getting closer- He shook his head hard enough to shake his hat. He opened his mouth to say 'No' and 'As just a friend' kinda deal but instead his mouth said something else. 

"Yes."

And then his hands shot up to his mouth making a light slap noise as they collided with his lips. Red immediately flooding his face and feeling as if his soul left his body when you blinked..and then chuckled at him. Making his heart skip a beat and humiliation flood over him. You were laughing at him. You must've thought he was ridiculous-

Y nodded shy smile and eyes looking around. "Sure! It might be fun...I've never been on a d-date before."...When you didn't get an answer back you looked up to see Milo pale and staring at you. "Um...Milo?" you held up a hand. "Are you ok? You look pale."

His answer? He didn't give you one. He silently stared at you or nothing?? You couldn't tell. His arms had long since hung back to his sides and it was almost like he was a mannequin in a store window. Kinda creepy but this was more concerning than creepy the more he stood there pale faced and looking ready to drop- !?

"MILO?!" You shouted as the farmer tilted sideways to the right and with a loud thud sound collided with the porch front . You immediately dropped to your knees next to the dazed man sprawled on the ground blankly staring at the blue sky. Your hands immediately went under his head and chest pulling his shocked form up towards your concerned face. "Are you ok!? Speak to me!"

He continued staring up at the sky in a daze. "...You're...g-gonna be my...date?"

"I..Y-Yeah." You blinked. "But are you ok? GAH!?"

You were sat up really quickly by a blur and Milo was all of a sudden sat up clutching your arms looking serious and lost at the same time. "Did you mean it!?" He looked at you wide eyed. "You'll go with me? A-And ya don't mind? Y-You.." His hands slowly let go of your arms staring like he didn't believe you. "You said you w-wouldn't mind going with me?..Really?" You slowly nodded. "....Why?"

 You smiled pink rising to your cheeks. "Um..Because you asked me nicely? A-And it does genuinely sound like a fun time if you'd be there with me." You spoke truthfully looking down and clasping your hands. "You're a really nice guy and I consider you a f-friend so ...W-Why not go together? I m-mean for all you did for me it's t-the least I can do right?"