CHAPTER 20 - 2-1

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Isagi started to run to the brothers. "Rin! I'll back you up!" He yelled.

"Don't get in the way, Isagi! You stay out of this. This is a fight between the Itoshi Brothers." Rin yelled back.

Both males started to go back and forth while everyone watched in interest. 

(F/N), despite being further from her 2 older brothers, knew what was to happen.

"Still hung up on being my brother, huh? You'll never surpass me. (F/N) seems way better than you." Sae commented.

Sae was able to break away from Rin and headed towards the goal. 

"He's through! Itoshi Sae broke through the midfield! Round 1 of the brothers' showdown goes to the elder." The dude shouted.

(F/N) saw the look on Rin's face, making her worried. 

She quickly glanced at her mother who looked proud of her sons and when she looked at her dad, she saw the look of worry as well. 

"Tch. At least win, ya moron. Goddamn eyelashes." Karasu muttered.

"You gotta specify which 'eyelashes' you're calling, Karasu-kun." (F/N) joked.

"Not time to joke around, (F-(M/N)." He said.

The said female's eyes looked at the U20 team as they advanced toward her. 

"Stay vigilant of the line of defence, (M/N)-kun!" The dark haired male shouted. "Hai, hai!" 

(F/N) didn't pay any attention towards her eldest brother who had the ball but instead the people around him. 

She then made a run for it, towards the 'ace' of the team.

As (F/N) was running, she noticed the spin of the ball. 

If she was to run at full speed, she would have been a step behind but also since she left the formation, the opponent would use it as an advantage. 

"That's not enough, Sae-nii." She muttered.

(F/N) made it look like she was going to fall for it and at half step before, she would stop. 

The ball would bounce a little the trap and with that...

The dyed brown haired male sent the ball away towards Karasu. 

"NICE, (M/M)!" The Blue Lock team shouted. "SECOND BALL! KARASU-KUN!" She yelled.

"LET'S GO GODDAMN IT! TIME TO COUNTER!" The said male yelled.

Karasu when he was faced with his difficult opponent passed to Otoya who passed the ball to Chigiri. 

He ran down the side lines and once saw that Karasu was open, passed the ball. 

(F/N) saw Sae pop up a millisecond too late and was not able to warn her teammates.

Rin was able to get the ball and using Isgai as a decoy, kicked the ball straight into the goal, giving the ball an outside spin. 

"40 MINUTES INTO HALF THE MATCH, THANKS TO ITOSHI RIN'S GOAL, BLUE LOCK HAS TAKEN OVER 2-1! WHO COULD SEE THIS HAPPENING!?" The sportscaster questioned.

Isagi was about to pounce on Rin when he walked towards (F/N) who was running towards him, leaving Isagi on the floor.

(F/N) smashed right into Rin but didn't take the both of them down. 

"HOLY SHIT, RIN!" She screamed. "Language, (F/N)." Rin sent his sister a look. "Hehe, I'm sorry. I'm just so happy!" 

The girl smiled up at Rin which made him return it with a small smile. 

"I'm itching to score now but I'm still playing defender." (F/N) pouted.

Rin patted (F/N)'s hair. "Don't worry about it. Ego would eventually switch you. We'll be undefeated together." He replied.

With only 5 minutes left of the 1st half of the game, Japan's U20 team was really desperate to get the score tied. 

Bachira and Isagi were trying to keep the score as it is as they were doubling against the dude with the ball. 

When the plan failed as the male passed the ball, (F/N) tried to slide tackle the male with the ball, she tapped the ball making it go off course, hitting the post.

It was not a loose ball and when everyone was able to stop, 1 minute was added to the time. 

Sae was able to get the ball and pass to his teammate, but that plan failed as Rin popped up from behind and kicked it away. 

"What an annoying little brother." Sae commented.

There must be something up with the Itoshi siblings popping up from out of nowhere as Sae got the loose ball and tried to score again when (F/N) stopped the ball before it could enter the net in mid air. 

"Would you look at that?" She smriked.

The whistle was then blown. Blue Lock's 11 started to celebrate, even if they knew it was only for half time.

Sae watched his little sister as she smiled so brightly after stopping his attempt to score a goal. "What happened to you, (F/N)?" He questioned.

"Japan's U20 vs. Blue Lock 11! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT THE SCORE WOULD BE 2-1, BLUE LOCK!? DESPITE THE U20'S ATTEMPT TO SCORE, THEY HELD STRONG AND NOW WE'RE IN HALF TIME! ANY THOUGHTS, NATSUKI-SAN!?" The dude yelled.

The commenters were also as hyped as the crowd. 

"BLUE LOCK'S AMAZING! They were never spotted before in Japan but have even terms of abilities. I CAN'T IMAGINE ITOSHI SAE LOSING LIKE THIS!" Natsuki yelled.

"YOU'RE RIGHT! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 2ND HALF! DO KNOW IF THE SCORE IS TIED, THE GAME WILL END WITH A DRAW!" The dude answered.

(F/N) took the towel and water bottle Anri handed to her. "Thank you, Anri-san." She smiled.

"You did extremely well, (F/N)-chan." The older woman smiled.

The said girl nodded and walked to sit down and watch as her teammates went nuts.

When Ego came in, she didn't pay attention to him and Ego knew that, he knew that she never really paid attention to him and he was fine with that.

When (F/N) snapped out of her thoughts, she noticed that her brother was missing. 

"(F/N), go call your brother, the 2nd half is starting." Ego told her.

"You got it, Ego-san." She left the locker room and walked into the hall. 

She saw her brother sitting on the bench, leaning against the wall. 

"Rin-nii, the 2nd half is about to begin." (F/N) said. "Alright, let's go, (F/N)." Rin nodded as he got up.

"EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE UPSET THAT BLUE LOCK IS IN THE LEAD! WITH THAT BEING SAID, THERE'S NO TELLING WHAT AWAITS FOR US!" The dude yelled.

"I CAN'T WAIT!" Natsuki yelled. "THE 2ND HALF IS ABOUT TO START!" 

As everyone was getting onto the field, Ego called back Niko and (F/N).

"(F/N), you won't be playing from the start. We want you to save all your energy for later. With that, Niko will be playing. All clear?" Ego said. "Yes, sir." 

Anri passed (F/N) her own tracksuit to wear. The younger female wore the tracksuit and sat down. 

When she faced the field, she noticed a new yet familiar face on the field. "It's Shidou-kun." She muttered.