Nightmares

Xavier's POV

I had never seen Nia so pale; I was worried sick about her, and I couldn't shake the feeling that she was one of the targets on the murder list.

She was the one who got away last time, so what if the killer is coming back for her. I already lost Patricia; I will not let Nia get harmed.

My dear Patricia was amazing and strong, just like her lil cousin.

Contrary to what the paternal grandmother had decided for the McKinson family, she went against the orders and studied the druid tradition.

That's how I met her. I was in a hunter clan, and she was an emissary for a wolf pack from Bourges.

She was in Spain trying to talk to another druid about an ancient cure for a wolf bite. Someone close to her had been bitten, but she wanted to return him to normal, and her pack wasn't willing to help.

She never told me the name of the person she was trying to help, but, by now, I am convinced it was Michael.

------------------------------------------

The night came, and Nia was still out of it because of her earlier injection. Isaac decided to stay because he had a bad feeling about her deteriorating health.

Isaac wasn't having a good night's sleep. He kept seeing the same scenes on repeat.

The deaths of everyone he cared about, Marcus, Allison, Erica, and Boyd. He was having a terrible nightmare, and suddenly, he was back inside a dark, cold freezer, screaming and desperate to be let out.

The nightmare was so vivid that he moved and talked while sleeping, loud enough to wake Nia.

Nia ran towards him, forgetting to cover her scars; she just wanted to help him. She carefully put her hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Hey, Mr. Lahey, you are safe; everything is ok," but he was so deep in his torturous nightmare that he was not waking up. 

Out of impulse, Nia hugged Isaac and caressed his back, "Shh, you are ok, you are ok, please, Mr. Lahey, wake up."

Feeling her hands on his back sent electricity down his spine, finally waking him up, gasping for air. He was breathing rapidly but no longer in that vivid dream.

He looked at Nia and again felt drawn to her; he leaned closer. Then, as his lips almost brushed with hers, he felt something else, like mad breathing, almost huffing behind his neck. 

He turned around and could swear he saw a pair of glowing blue eyes.

Nia noticed his reaction and, unfortunately, assumed Isaac backed away at seeing her scars.

"Thank you, Nia. I just had a terrible dream".

"What are you really doing here, Mr. Lahey? Are you supposed to be my guardian or something?" said Nia, this time sternly. 

"I hate seeing people thinking that I am useless and need rescue. I can protect myself; trust me!"

"Sorry, Nia! I know you are strong. I admire how you deal with everything going on around you!"

"Yes, especially my hideous scars, right? You saw them, and it was enough for you to back out. 

Don't worry, Mr. Lahey, you happened to wake me up while I was in my sleep, and I didn't think about covering up when I came over but don't worry, I won't disgust you with that sight again".

As Nia tried to turn around to return to her room, Isaac grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him.

He hadn't even noticed her wearing a revealing silk-green laced set of short pants and camisole that left little to the imagination

Instead, he suddenly felt even more attracted to her. In fact, he felt what Marcus once described to him as the urge of werewolves to claim their mates.

"I, I," he stuttered; he was not expecting her to look so sexy while showing so much hurt and disappointment in her eyes.

"Nia, that's not even it; I hadn't even noticed your scars, which don't scare or disgust me. On the contrary, you are stunning. 

I only see you; I don't care about your scars, which make you even more attractive because you are strong," Isaac said almost in a husky whisper.

He pulled her even closer. Her silk camisole didn't help; he could feel her breasts pressed against his chest.

They were both breathing rapidly, and their hearts seemed like they would explode.

He caressed her arm and could feel goosebumps building in her body. He didn't hold back this time and kissed her, first gently and slowly, but then their kisses grew passionate and needy.

He was trying to control himself; he knew what was at stake and was afraid of loving and losing her; he couldn't go through this again.

His brain tried sending him warning signals, but his body was acting on instinct. Then, he heard a quiet moan escape Nia's lips, which pushed him over the edge.

He lifted her up while Nia wrapped her legs around his torso, but then a loud noise came from the closed-off side of the house.

It was like someone was trashing the empty space trying to come through the wall. 

There was something there; Isaac could smell the faint scent of a werewolf and again could see two blue, glowing eyes glaring at him.

This time Nia also stopped and panicked. Again, they both reacted and came out of the passionate trance they were in just mere seconds before.

She looked like she was having another panic attack, reliving something about the night of the murders at her house.

Isaac got worried, put his jacket on her, and just carried her bridal style walking, almost running, around three blocks to his apartment. He didn't know what was happening in that house, but he was convinced it wasn't safe to stay there.