Epilogue

Wedding Anniversary gift

A whole year has passed since their wedding.

They are all living together in Paris. Matthias is now almost 16, thriving in school, and happy. He has a good group of friends and apparently met a girl that has him head over heels.

Nia asked him to treat the girl well and not do what most hormonal teenagers do.

Isaac laughed about that comment since they both still behaved like hormonal teenagers, finding any excuse to make passionate love.

However, he stopped laughing when Matthias said that the girl he liked was in a pack and that he wanted to get the bite.

Isaac's amber eyes glowed, and Nia touched his shoulder to help him calm down.

"Matthias, the bite is not a curse nor a gift. It is a huge responsibility, so don't do it for a girl or to solve an issue. Wait until you are older, and then if you truly want to accept the consequences of being a werewolf, we could talk about it. Is that a good compromise?" said Isaac.

Matthias nodded. He had heard plenty of stories about the dangers of being a werewolf, so he understood where Isaac was coming from.

That night after a lovely dinner to celebrate their wedding anniversary, Isaac couldn't avoid noticing something about Nia as they prepared to go to bed. Her chemo signals were different. He asked her if she was ok, and she said she was just a bit tired, giving him a small smile.

Once they were spooning in bed and everything was silent in the house, Isaac finally noticed what was different. He could hear an extra heartbeat.

He gasped and whispered Nia's name to see if she was awake. Of course, she was; she turned to face him with the biggest smile.

"Well, Mr. Lahey, I guess you finally figured out what is your wedding anniversary present!"

They both laughed, and he hugged her even more. Then he had the cutest reaction by lowering his head towards her belly where their baby was growing, placing a hand there, and saying, "Hey little one, daddy is waiting for you; welcome to our pack!"

THE END!

Thank you for reading! If you like the story, please vote and share it with your friends. I hope I did justice to Isaac's character while providing him with the closure we missed in the series and the movie! 

This is my first book and I wish I could continue just writing about them. Nia and Isaac are a cute couple and I love the new life and family they are building together.