Chapter 14: The Casino of Temptation

We arrived at Las Vegas. We got out of the airport and stood outside to call the masked guy. I got out my phone and called him. Once again he immediately answered the call. 
"The second key is located in the Elton Casino. Once you've retrieved it call me." This time before he was about to end the call I spoke. 
"Wait, before you end the call, how long is it gonna take for us to find all six keys?"
"It all depends on you guys" he then ended the call. "This guy is really a bum" Ariana said.

He had texted us the address to the place, we took a taxi there. The taxi driver's phone had rang, he answered it and it was one of his friends. Their conversation caught my attention though. He was talking about how business was slow and how he was considering hunting down "the fugitive kids" We all got a little nervous. We finally arrived at the Casino and got out of the taxi. Jay paid the guy and got out, but before he drove off he rolled down the window. "Do I know you guys from somewhere?" He asked. "Uhm no" Jay said as he turned around. "Let's go" Anna whispered. We quickly walked over to the Casino. I noticed there we a sign that said 18+. But the guards standing in front didn't care, they let us in anyway without asking for our ID's or anything. "That was quite easy" Finn said. 
"So where are we gonna find the key?" Ariana asked. We looked around, it was just your average casino. People gambling and drinking and doing all kinds of stuff. 

"Hey! Welcome to the Elton Casino" one of the workers greeted. "Make yourselves at home" 
I was surprised that none of these guys questioned our age. 
"Let's split up." Anna said. We all went our separate ways. I went towards the gaming area. There were all kinds of games you could play, board games and video games, they had everything. 
I went to the video game area, the video game area was loaded with lots of video games. NBA 2K games, Fortnite, FIFA games, the Call of Duty series. They also had a bunch of popular RPG games, like Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed and even Elden Ring. I remember playing all these games during the summertime with my friends everyday.
"Yo wanna play?!" this guy said to me. I decided to sit down in one of the gaming chairs. The gaming chair was incredible and the PC setup was amazing, I had never owned a setup like this before. 
Before I knew it one thing lead to another and I started playing. I told myself that I would only play for a couple of minutes after getting beat in 2K I decided to move on to another game. 

My faced was so glued to the game, I didn't know when to stop. I wasn't even paying attention to my surroundings. Soon I had forgotten all about our quest and what we were supposed to find. I got carried away. I was so focused on the game, nothing got in my way. Until someone walked over to me and smacked the living hell out of me. My attention came back and I was suddenly aware of my surroundings now. I turned around and it was Scott Lance standing right behind me.
"Wh-What are you doing here?" I said, I didn't say his name because honestly I forgot. My head was rolling at the time. 
"What am I doing here? What are you doing here? Do you know what you're doing?" 
"N-No?" I was so confused on what was happening. "What time is it?" I asked. 
"It's been 2 days, you only have 1 more day to find the ring and the stolen documents." he said. 
I jumped out of the chair. "You're joking" I said. "I'm serious. What were you even doing here in the first place" I struggled to remember but it finally all came back to me. We were at this Casino to find the second key for that masked guy. We had to find six keys and we only had 1 more day to find the rest. 
"Oh no! I've been in here for two days?!" "Yes, but why are you here?" 
"Look, we came here to find a key for this guy who said he knew where the ring and the documents are. He said if we find six keys located in different places in the country he would give us the ring and the documents, but now we don't know where the second key is and we only have one more day left to find the rest of the keys and get the ring and the documents so that we can return it to Regalia and the US to prevent this stupid war!!" I had never talked so fast in my life. My mind was racing, I didn't know what to do.