Chapter 16: We escape from jail

We were put in the back of a large military truck where we would go to solitary confinement. I know they suspected us of stealing their top-secret documents but putting a bunch of teenagers in solitary confinement might be a little too much.
We sat at the back of the truck. It was dirty. I overheard one of the military soldiers saying we would be headed to a Denver solitary confinement. 
"Ugh, this place stinks!" Ariana complained. "We basically failed our mission" Jay said. He was right, we failed, there was no way that we were gonna escape from these guys. We only had about 12 hours before war would be declared. 
We then heard a huge explosion. The truck swerved to the side and came to a complete stop. I heard multiple gunshots from outside the truck. "Is someone here?" Finn had asked. We all stayed silent so that we could try and hear what was going on out there. The back truck doors then opened and we saw light. 
"Hey guys" Scott said as he went inside. "Scott!" I said. "How did you know we were all the way here?" Anna asked. "I just had a feeling." He said. 
"Wow, you took down all those guys?" Jay said shocked. "Yeah, they were nothing. This old man's still got some steam in him" he said as he pointed to himself.
We all got out of the truck, we were on the side of the highway with all the cars moving. 
"Here are your keys." he said as he handed them to me. "We still have a chance guys!" Finn said excitedly. "Let's not get too excited yet, we still have to find the last key, and it won't take long for those guys to realize we've escaped" Anna said. I got a notification on my phone. It was a text message from the guy. 
"The last key is located in the forest" "He texted me and said it's in that forest over there" I said as I pointed to it. 

The forest was across the highway. "Whoa how are we gonna get to that forest when its across the road filled with a bunch of moving cars?" Ariana asked. "I'm sure they'll stop for us" I said as I started to run across the road. My friends followed me. The cars swerved around us and one of them even crashed to the side. A lot of cars were honking at us and almost crashing. 
We finally got to the other side of the road where the forest was. Scott was still standing on the other side we had crossed from. "Good luck and be careful!" he shouted. I had given him a thumbs up and we ran into the forest. It was still pretty dark. We stopped and I took out my pommel and activated my laser sword to give us light in the dark forest. "So this key is supposed to be lying out around here in this forest?" Finn said sarcastically. There was a glistening golden light on the ground coming from a couple feet away from us. 
"Over there" Jay said. We ran over to the light. The key was shining very brightly. The other keys began to shine in my pocket, and I noticed and took them out. 

"Is this what happens when you gather all the keys in one place?" Anna asked. 
"They look like dragon balls but keys" Finn said. A gunshot came out of nowhere and it hit Ariana in the arm. She shouted and fell to the ground. "Ariana!" Fin said as he tended to her care. "I'm okay." She said. A group of soldiers who were armed came and surrounded us. They had already found us. But they found us too quick, how did they know we were in this forest? Something was wrong. "Freeze and drop all your weapons!" one of the soldiers said. I noticed that there were a couple snipers from above on some of the rocky mountain landforms. We were corned, if we tried to fight, we would all get filled with bullets. A helicopter then flew above us and shined a light on all of us. I deactivated my lightsaber and put the pommel in my pocket. "You Regalia fugitives are under arrest!" The soldiers came closer to us as they were about to arrest us. I could tell that Jay wanted to pull out his gun and shoot them all but it would be useless since there were a lot of snipers in the area and other shooters hiding behind the trees ready to strike us if we made any sudden movement. We all put our hands in the air. Ariana slowly got up as she was trying to cover the bloody bruise. We found ourselves in the same situation we were in not to long ago. It all seemed hopeless. Maybe we were destined to fail. 
But in the blink of an eye, multiple daggers were launched, and they hit all of the soldiers. All of them fell to the ground and explosions had happened where the snipers were. The sound of men yelling and getting attacked were heard throughout the forest. 
Suddenly a man wearing a captain's cloak appeared before us. It was Captain Jalen, the captain of the Destroyer Squad of the North. 
I had only seen him a couple times, he never really spoke. He was a quiet person and didn't surround himself with people. He seemed really tough too. 
"Captain Jalen?!" Jay said shocked. "You kids did a good job. Commander Luke was right about you guys. I'm proud of how far you've come."
We heard footsteps of soldiers coming. "Uh-oh, looks like those guys are coming. You guys can leave, I'll take care of him. Oh, and could you guys take this backpack for me. Things might get ugly." I took the bag and put it on my back. The backpack felt really light, but I didn't have time to worry about anything." 
As the soldiers approached, we ran away. "How did Captain Jalen know where we were?" Ariana asked. "He was probably sent by the NGO who had our exact location to help us." Anna answered. Something was off though, why was he carrying a bag if he was only sent to help us. 

When we finally got far enough from the explosions and the fighting I went on my phone and called the guy and he immediately picked up as always. "We got all six keys, just as you asked." I said while trying to catch my breath after doing all that running. "Good, I'm at the edge of the cliff." "Edge of the cliff? Where is that?" "You'll see." He then ended the call.
"Why does this bozo have to make life harder? Why can't he just tell us where he is?" Finn complained. We then heard gunshots. These gunshots sounded close though. They couldn't be the gunshots from where Captain Jalen was, we were too far. Something told me to move closer to where the gunshots were coming from. "Let's go" I said as I started running again. "Wait where are we going?" Finn said as he and the other also started running. 
The gunshots got louder and louder, and we were getting closer and closer. Finally we stopped. We were at the edge of the cliff. The masked man was there standing but he was there with who we hadn't expected. He was with a bunch of armed military men. The soldiers took out their guns and pointed it at us. "Freeze, fugitives" one soldier said. "What the hell is going on?" Ariana said.  
"They have the documents in that bag." the masked man said. "What no we don't!" I said. "Open the bag then" one of the soldiers said. 
I opened the backpack and pulled what I hadn't expected to see. It was the US top secret documents in one file. "What the...how did this get in here?" I said shocked. "It was Captain Jalen then! Captain Jalen was the one who gave us the bag!" Anna said in realization. 
I couldn't believe it.