II- Summers' Start

*For no particular reason, I'm going to digress that you NEED to be over 16 if you want to continue reading this book... :)*

______________

My aunt and uncle said you could come, even though it took some convincing. I miss you too. Can't wait to see you. Running out of ink.

Love, Harry

Harry walked up the stairs, his stomach still unfulfilled from his small dinner, as his mind thought over the letter he'd sent Evergreen hours ago.

Slamming his bedroom door shut, Harry flopped onto his bed and stared guiltily at the several, quite full, bottles of ink on his desk.

She's going to think I want nothing to do with her when she reads it, he thought miserably. I should've written more than that- I'm so stupid! I should've known what to say!

Hedwig was long gone with the letter and there was no way Harry could get it back and change it. He was going to be surprised if the girl even showed up the next day.

______________

"Wand?"

"In my bag, Dad,"

"Common sense?"

"In my head, as usual,"

"Condoms?"

"Dad!" Evergreen hit her father lightly on the arm.

Remus raised an eyebrow at his daughter then turned his gaze back to the road. 

From Harry's description, Evergreen could tell the Dursleys were snobbish people- snobbish people who certainly didn't like magic. So, to ensure the fact that she would have a nice stay at their house, Eve convinced her father to drive their new fancy car to the Dursleys house when he dropped her off, rather than using the Floo Network.

Snuffles was sitting in the passenger's seat, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as the wind rushed through his fur.

Evergreen couldn't help but laugh.

A few months ago, she would've never expected this is how she would be spending her summer.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Evergreen exhaled shakily as she heard the door unlock, looking up at her father for encouragement. He smiled and turned to face the person who'd opened the door.

It had to've been no one other than Dudley Dursley, Harry's cousin.

The boy had watery blue eyes, not much neck, a very pink face and- well- to be honest he was on the chubbier side.

Evergreen could only describe him as a pig in a bright blond wig.

Suddenly, a woman came to the door.

"Hello! You must be Mr Lupin and Evergreen! Please- come in!" said the woman.

She looked to be Harry's aunt, Petunia. She was a thin blond woman with twice the amount of neck and horse-like teeth. Her pale eyes travelled to Evergreen's new golden wristwatch and her father's fancy suit. 

"I'm sorry to be in such a hurry, but I have some business with- er- the ministry. That's why Evergreen has to stay here," Remus said kindly, shaking Petunia's hand. "I don't know if Harry told you-"

As the adults made small banter, Evergreen looked around the house. It was as plain and as normal as anything. Nice plain sitting room, kitchen, backyard, stairs- you name it. Everything was plain.