Watchman

Duh!

Crain couldn't help taking a step back, not knowing for a moment whether he was awake or still dreaming.

The figure took off his black bowler, made a slight bow, and said with a low smile:

"Get to know you again, night watchman Dunn. Smith."

Night watchman? The Night Goddess Church Extraordinary team code name that Justice and Upside-down Dangler mentioned? Klein suddenly blurted out, before making the connection:

"You manipulate dreams? Did you make me dream like that?"

Night watchman Dunn Smith put his black top hat back on to hide his slightly higher hairline, and his dark gray eyes smiled.

"No, I just go into your dream and do the necessary guidance."

His voice, rich and soft, echoed along the dark, dim corridor like a dream that did not disturb others:

"In a dream, although there are usually repressed emotions and all kinds of dark psychological amplification, make everything seem chaotic, absurd and crazy, but the truth is still there, still hidden in it. It's all obvious and easy to see to an old hand like me, and I trust you more in your dreams than you do in your waking ones."

This... Who in their right mind can control their dreams? If I dream of something on Earth, don't I get Dunn. Smith found out? Crane shuddered, terrified of what he had encountered in his dreams.

But he soon got weird because he remembered that he was awake and sane in the dream and knew what to say and what not to say.

In short, it doesn't feel like a dream at all!

So Dunn Smith just "saw" what I wanted him to see?

Crane had a sudden, vague realization.

Is this a perk of time travel, such as the uniqueness of the spirit itself, or an additional effect of the "rite of passage"?

"So, Mr. Smith, are you sure I really have lost my memory?" Klein asked rhetorically.

Instead of answering directly, Dunn Smith gave him a deep look.

"You're not surprised by this sort of thing?"

"I've met clients before who don't believe in extraordinary powers even when they've just had a dream, preferring to think they haven't really woken up yet."

Cline said, "HMM."

"Maybe it's because I'm praying and expecting such strength to help me."

"Interesting logic to think about... Maybe you're not just lucky." Dunn nodded unsmiling. "I can now confirm that you have indeed lost some of your memory as a result of this incident, especially related to the incident itself."

"So I can go back?" Crain asked tentatively with a deep internal sigh.

Dunn put his bag in one hand and walked slowly over, the night quiet and soft around him.

"No, you still have to come with me to see the expert." The corners of his mouth turned up politely.

'Why? Crane blurted out, adding quickly, "You don't believe your own dreams?"

Are you kidding? If the "expert" is good at hypnosis, mind reading, etc., then my biggest secret is out.

You can't imagine what the result will be!

"I've always been modest, but when it comes to dreams, I have some faith." Dunn replied calmly, "But it's good to be sure of key, important things, and besides, she's very different from what I'm good at, and it might help you recover some of your memory."