Seal

"We are guardians and a group of poor people who are constantly fighting danger and madness."

The corridors outside were closed, the stone walls cold, and the lights inside were bright and yellow, Dunn. The sound of Smith's paraphrasing lingered in this environment, hammering at Klein's mind and briefly leaving him speechless.

When Klein was silent, Dunn shook his head and smiled.

"Is it disappointing? The extraordinary is not who you think it is. We walk with danger all the time."

"Where there is gain, there must be a cost." Kraven, recovering from his shock, measured his response.

He really did not think that the brilliant, extraordinary, different side of the extraordinary person, there is such a hidden danger, but perhaps because only heard the description, has not actually experienced, or because he has been involved in this whirlpool, maybe some strange events will happen to him, his fear, perturb, worry, fear and other emotions will soon reduce to the degree of control.

Of course, the idea of retreat is inevitable, entanglement, refuse to leave.

"Yes, very mature, very sensible... Dunn finished the rest of his coffee and added, "And the extraordinary is not as powerful as you think. The low order extraordinary, oh, why the one for the highest order and the nine for the lowest? It's so counterintuitive and logical that when we say low sequence, we mean low level, high number, it's the beginning of the chain."

"Well, where was I? Yes, the extraordinary is not as powerful as you think. The 'power' of low-order extraordinary is less than that of guns, let alone artillery, but in some ways, more wonderful than guns, more difficult to guard against. If you have the chance to become an extraordinary in the future, you must think carefully about what I said today, do not choose recklessness."

Klein laughs at himself:

"I don't know when I'll get the chance."

Given the opportunity, he felt he would not miss it. Taking the wrong potion, or the wrong one, was as much avoided as possible, and the main danger lay in the unknown "dangers" he heard and saw as the subtle influence and inspiration of the potion itself increased.

The former has the experience reference of generations of ancestors, as long as they are not anxious to promote, steadily grasp the power, the probability of losing control should be relatively low, and their main purpose is to solve the current potential danger, understand the essence of the occult, find a way to cross back, only to take this step, not aiming at the high sequence of "position", if it is easy to lose control, No promotion, stay in the original sequence, rely on knowledge to plan "home" thing.

Not to mention the fact that Kraven remembers all the crazy, head-exploding whispers he had when he used the "transfer ritual," which is something you have to be extraordinary to avoid. In that case, you might as well have some power you can fight.

The pros and cons were so clear in Klein's mind that much of the thought of retreat disappeared.

Dunn picked up his pipe again, and his gray eyes smiled.

"I don't have an exact answer for that. To be extraordinary, one is to get enough credit. Maybe tomorrow or the next day you can decode a key ancient document or give us some very useful advice on our case? Second, see if there are any new ideas. Nobody knows."

"Well, I think you know the Extraordinary better than to make impulsive choices in the future. Now let me introduce you to the civilian work of our night watch team."

He stood up, paced to the door, and pointed in the opposite direction of the Gate of Chanes:

"We have an accountant, a man who buys essential goods, picks up supplies from the church and the police, and a part-time driver, who is a professional and doesn't rotate, and who has Sundays off every week. The remaining three clerks, Roxanne, Brett and Neal Sr., have the following jobs: Receiving visitors, cleaning rooms, writing case files and declaration lists, and guarding the storage of weapons, materials and documents, strictly checking in and out, collecting and returning records, each taking one day off each week, except Sunday, and rotating night watch and rest, all negotiated by oneself."