𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4

THE ERUDITE/DAUNTLESS CARS BURST THROUGH THE FENCES. Instantly, everyone reacts after I speak. "We've got to leave, now!" I say and we walk towards the stairs when a car drives by.

Johanna sighs and looks at Four. "Stay here. And keep quiet." Johanna tells us and walks down the stairs. "Gentlemen, Amity welcomes you." She says and I see Eric at the entrance of her office and then quickly move out of view.

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" She questions them. "This isn't really a social call Johanna. We're looking for divergents." Eric's vile voice says. "I see. Well of course, anything we can do to help."

"We need you to volunteer your faction to be tested. This is screening technology from Erudite."

He holds an object over her head and I recognise it immediately. It's what I was working on in Erudite. "That bitch." I whisper.

"Amity."

"Now that Jeanine is heading up the council the whole approval processing got a little easier." Eric speaks out.

"You're exceeding your jurisdiction." Johanna says and her voice hides her disapproval.

"Now, Johanna. What happened to that Amity politeness? The easy way, or the hard way? It's up to you." Eric's voice starts to aggravate me and Peter places his hand on me.

"Alright, but under protest." Johanna agrees and Eric smirks.

"Okay we're good to go! Move it out!" He yells to the Dauntless traitors.

"All Amity report to the dome all come to the dome for new mandatory testing." A voice calls out through a speakerphone.

"Ok, lets go, get inside!"

"You know something lady? You seem awfully stuck in that doorway." Eric calls out.

"Eric is here. We need to move now, come on." Four tells us.

"What's up there?" Eric questions. "Just my office." Johanna tells him and we walk to the windows.

"There's two guards with guns." I tell them and Caleb asks. "We're going out the window?" Caleb questions and I nod. "The only option we have." He nods and Four turns to Peter.

"We need to split up." He tells him and my eyes widen. "No." I say and he ignores me. "Okay, yeah. Every man for himself." Peter's adds and then looks at me apologetically.

"Good." Four responds and Peter turns to the stairs. "Peter no!" I yell to him and he speaks anyway. "Hey, they're up here! Hey, they're up here! Come on they're getting away!"

I look at him in shock and disbelief when he stares at me with nothing. No sadness. No pain. Nothing. My mouth opens and I exhale. My eyes started to widen and my breathing shakes. "You fucking bitch." I say and make a run to the window, after everyone else.

I drop down and knock the gun out of a soldier that I landed on and run through the woods with Tris, Four and Caleb.

"I got three on foot heading towards the dome!"

"Get them low!"

"Repeat, three on foot towards the dome."

"I demand amnesty!" Marcus yells as we run past. "I believe in Abnegation, it's my right!"

"Detain him!"

"Come on, keep moving!" I call out to everyone and they start to shoot at us as we run through the cornfields, in direct view of the trees. The recognisable honk of the train blares through my ears and I dodge a bullet that's shot at me.

We run into a clearing and train tracks is all in view. The large metal train runs along the track and I start to run backwards, shooting at the Dauntless traitors.

I feel the back of the track against my heels and turn around to run over it. I sprint along the side of the cart and bullets break through the hard metal. I open the doors and pull myself inside. I sit against the wall and pant, I never should've trusted Peter Hayes.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

661 Words

A/N- I would like to apologise for being inactive, I've been revising for my mocks and have a shit tun of homework.

There will be a lot of updates within the next week to make up for the ones I've missed.

-Nightmare

EDITED | 29 | 9 | 23 |