𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 13

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 13

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 13

THE COMFORT OF MY FRIENDS' WORDS DON'T LAST FOR LONG. I lay on a mattress, trying to sleep but my eyes are locked onto the ceiling. Jeanine won't stop killing people unless I turn myself in. She's going to keep searching for me and kill anyone and everyone who stands in her way.

I'm not going to let anyone else die because of me. No one should die for me. I'm not their leader. Despite how much Tori asks me to be a Dauntless leader, I refuse. Because I can't lead anyone in this war, because I can't even keep myself safe. I'm barely alive anymore. I'm a shell again. I'm feeling again. I haven't got the serum and I've been feeling the effects of not taking it.

I'm shivering all of the time. But I'm not cold. I'm zoning out. I can't eat, I can't sleep and sometimes I can't breathe. My hands and turning white and staying that colour, my hair is doing the same. I haven't seen any change in my eyes but my appearance has changed.

My hair is longer and white as paper and my eyebrows and eyelashes are as well. My skin is whiter than snow my lips are a pale pink. I'm thinner, there's less muscle now. I've changed as well. I'm not brave anymore, I'm scared. That my mother will kill another person that I care about. She's already killed Zeke and Marlene. I'm consumed with the guilt of their deaths.

Of the deaths of everyone I killed. Sure, most of them deserved it, but they were still human. I'm officially my worst fear. A monster. I'm a monster and it's eating me alive.

I push myself up and walk away. I need to shoot something. I need to do something to prove to myself that I'm not weak. I grab multiple guns and knives and I leave factionless headquarters.

I hold a pistol in my hands and listen out for a sound, any sound. I hear something drop behind me and I spin around and point my gun at the noise. When I see the familiar brown eyes I loved, I gasp but keep the gun pointed at him.

Peter puts his hands up in surrender and stumbles backwards upon seeing my face. "Wow, chill." He says and I click the safety off. "What are you doing here?" My voice is stern like concrete and I give him a cold glare. My fingertips are white from gripping the gun so hard.

"I came to warn you." He says and I clench my jaw. "About what?" I ask and he looks around. "Jeanine," I grab his arms and force him inside factionless headquarters, but only in the entrance so he can't see inside and report back to Jeanine like the spy he is. I keep my gun pointed at him.

Peter lowers his hands and steps closer to me. I aim at his head and keep my gun there. "Tell me about Jeanine," I say and he reaches up to lower my gun but I use it to slap his temple and force him into the wall. He groans out and I press the barrel of the gun into his head. "Tell me, Peter," I whisper his voice and I swallow a large lump of saliva at his name.

I can't believe what he does to me. "She knows that you guys are here," he says against the wall but I hear it perfectly. "How?" I ask but he doesn't answer. I kick behind his leg and he falls down, groaning. "How does she know?" He turns around to look at me and I can see in his eyes that he told her. "You told her?" The grip on my gun wavers for a moment and then I'm overcome by rage.

"How did you even know?" I question him and it clicks in my mind. "Don't answer that," I look away but my gun is still pointed at him. "You were searching for me?" My voice is softer but still hard. My eyes are stinging and I look back at him. "But you sold us out in Amity, that was your fault! So why did you look for me?!?" I yell out at him.

"I did what I had to do to protect you." He whispers out and I point my gun again. "Don't do that, you haven't got that right anymore!" I tell him and he holds my gun and takes it from my hands. "I love you Nora," My weaponless hands shake and my eyes widen. "What?" My voice comes out, barely a whisper and he stares up at me with those chocolate brown eyes.

On instinct I grab a knife from my pocket and hold it at his throat. "You can't just say that," I grit out and Peter chokes on his breath. Oh god, what Peter Hayes does to me. But I can't let him, he betrayed me. I move the knife away from him. "Leave, just go." Tears have started to stream and this is the third time in my entire life that I've cried. He stands up and looks down at me.

His eyes soften and he reaches a hand up to wipe my tears away. I push him away but he just takes my hands in his and places a kiss on the back of both of my hands and then on my forehead. "If this is the last time I see you, can I kiss you once more?" He whispers out and I hesitantly nod.

Peter's warm lips meet mine and I'm rushed with the feeling of before. Of us of what we were like. "Now go, before I hurt you," he nods and brushed his hand on my face before he starts to leave. "I like your hair by the way, it suits you." And then he goes. Again. And I'm slumped with the feeling of when he left before. Loneliness.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

1004 Words

A/N- Sorry that this is late I had a ballet audition 🩰, I think I've done good tbh

Also this proves that Nora isn't unstoppable and what the side effects of the serums are.

I hope you had an amazing day and make sure you eat and drink! :)

-Nightmare

EDITED | 30 | 9 | 23 |