4.

I feel you in songs, sunsets, stars

and all the little

things ☔️♥️

recommended song while reading : hug by seventeen (put it on loop :)

_____________________________________________________________

Iseul wakes up to the sound of her alarm ringing. It was the last day of school. She does not think much but wakes from the couch, her face swollen with tears from the previous night while trying to sleep. She wakes Seojin up and hugs her tight before she opens her eyes properly. Iseul begins to weep silently onto her back while hugging.

"I know we'll still be roommates, but I need to change schools." her voice is hardly heard, muffled by tears.

"I know. What happened to you suddenly?" Seojin pulls her apart, looking at her worriedly. "Don't cry now. You can't let everyone see you like this. Get ready let's go, it's for the best so don't cry." Seojin smiles widely cheering Iseul slightly. The girls get ready and reach school walking through the snow covered ground. They climb the stairs and reach 'Class 3'. They stop in front of the door and take a deep sigh as they enter the classroom. Everyone's cheerful faces welcome them.

Iseul only looks at Jungwon, everything else seeming blur. He laughs and smiles as he talks with his friends. Iseul looks away, unable to watch any longer. They sit at their places as the homeroom teacher enters.

"Good morning Mrs. Bae" the class greets cheerfully.

"Good morning" Mrs. Bae places her books on the table and looks at the faces of students with different expressions from excited to sad or gloomy. "Jungwon, can you come up to the front of the class please?" The class' eyes follow along as Jungwon walks to the front of the class. "You all know Jungwon since elementary school and it's harder to say goodbye to a close friend. Don't you think?" The teacher smiles as they pull into a hug.

Iseul notices Mrs. Bae who has taught him since elementary school, look sad for the first as they hug. They pull away and she wears the smile again, as though forcing herself. Jungwon turns towards the class.

"I'm going to Joongdong High school, just about 50 minutes away from here. I'll miss you all." He smiles slowly with his dimples slowly forming, making Iseul smile in response. He goes back to his seat. The rest of the day goes by as everyone gives chocolates to their friends and exchange letters. Iseul tries her best to be happy when she was around her friends. They have fun and spend time. The bell rings at the end of school, making them realise time had passed.

They all say goodbye as they head out together to restaurants, karaokes or other places with their friends to spend time on the last day of 11th grade. Seojin, Iseul, Youngseo and a few of their friends head out together.

"Where should we go then?" Seojin asks, excited. Iseul's face brightens as a thought gets hold of her.

"The weather is good today. The Han River would be nice to visit." Everyone agrees gladly at the idea they didn't consider at first. They are reminded of the first time they came on a picnic at the Han River in elementary school. The place where they all first met and grew close. It started from there. This place held special meaning to the girls.

After spending the day at the river and some cafes around the place, they part ways, saying goodbye. Iseul and Seojin head back home together. They slowly open the main door and enter.

"So, did you get admission at Joongdong?" Seojin leaves her shoes at the shoe rack and walks towards Iseul.

"Yes, i got it." She cheerfully heads to her room in hopes that she can finally sleep till late in the morning after a long time.

The whole month goes by and Iseul does not forget to spend every second of her time with Seojin. She knows she would not be able to spend so much time with her after going to the new school. The weather clears out everyday as though welcoming her to the start of the new year.

March 1, Monday

Iseul wakes up, still sleepy to the sound of her alarm. She checks her phone showing the time, 6:00 a.m. Iseul quickly gets ready and leaves the house slowly opening the door, not wanting to wake Seojin up.

I left for school. There's breakfast on the table Seo :) She texts her.

Iseul waits for the train at the Hongdae subway station. She gets inside as the train arrives, beginning her 20 minute ride to Joongdong. Iseul looks outside the windows in the train. The light and wet showers outside add to the beauty of the snow which slowly melts away. The train announces as it reaches Joongdong.

Iseul steps out of the train and makes her way towards Joongdong High school. After walking about five minutes, she reaches the school. The large building of the school takes Iseul by surprise, as it turns out to be far different from the smaller school she imagined. She takes a deep breath before entering inside the large gates of the school.

i'm coming, I just hope you'll stay there long enough to be with me.

She takes a step inside and walks forward into the huge campus of the school and makes her way to the reception near the door of the school. She finds a lady sitting at the reception, going through sheets of paper on the table. She goes towards the receptionist.

"Excuse me miss, I transfered here this year. I'm in Grade 12 class 2."

"Oh hi dear. I'll send someone to show you around." She smiles and picks up the telephone and dials a number. "Mrs. Maeng, there's a new transfer student in your class. Could you send someone to show her around?" She waits for a while as the other person talks. "Alright, sure. Thank you so much." She leaves the phone back. "Take a seat, your classmate will come soon."

Iseul sits down and waits. A few minutes later, a boy comes towards Iseul. She stands up and bows to him. "Hello, you're Iseul right? Did i keep you waiting for too long"

"Oh no, it's alright. Hi, I'm Iseul."

"I'm Lee Heeseung, nice to meet you Iseul. I'll show you around." He smiles as he walks her towards their classroom on the fourth floor. Iseul cannot help but notice how handsome the boy looks

"Heeseung, are you in the same class?"

"Yes, I'm in the same class."

"Oh you must be the class president then."

He smiles at Iseul. "No, it's not me. It's Kim Euna. She's the class president." He walks towards a door at the hallway and stops in front. "This is the classroom. Come let's go inside." He opens the door, revealing the classroom which looks the same as Iseul's old classroom. Heeseng goes to his seat. "Hello Iseul, I'm Mrs. Maeng, your homeroom teacher. Please introduce yourself."

Iseul turns towards the class "Hello everyone, I'm Hong Iseul and i- " Iseul pauses as she sees Jungwon, cold sweat running through her body. "And i'll look forward to this year. Thank you." Iseul walks torward the back of the class and takes the empty seat beside Heeseung in front of Jungwon.