c h a p t e r 5

Chapter 5

Genesis decided to spend the day away from Gael. She's been stuck with him and Mattias the entire time and her mental health is getting worse every day she spends with them. It's only 2 days until they go back home so maybe it's too little too late.

The day after she went to the city with Gael, she spent her day exploring the house. It wasn't as big as the New York home so it was mainly just her figuring out where everything was around the kitchen.

She spent her other days by the pool and enjoying the sun. Gael took her out for some grocery shopping, but the rest of the time they spent apart. Something she taught herself was chess, for some reason, she was fascinated by the idea of making the move to somehow make herself win, however, which version of herself she allowed to win was always different.

Gael watched her play, he watched her think. He noticed that her mind was more complex than he originally thought, she didn't allow herself to win, and she became competitive. She was playing against herself and she was competitive.

It gave him somewhat hope that even if they don't get along now, they might still function like a team. He hated to admit that maybe someday his dad turned out to be right and Genesis could become an asset instead of a liability. Someday they might actually become a team.

The water of the pool feels nice and cool against Ginny's slightly sunburnt skin. She's not entirely sure where Gael is and where Mattias went, but she's enjoying her time apart from them. Not that she would've enjoyed spending time with them, all they do is speak Spanish or insult her, so she's left out.

Her mind wanders towards the event that she's supposed to organize when she gets back. The girl has no idea where to start and every time she even remembers it, she panics. She knows how much money they have and Gael really assured her that money wouldn't be an issue with organizing, so she can think as crazy as she wants to. But if she thinks crazy, she'll ask proper artists to come and perform and she'll have marching bands announce her husband's new title as CEO.

Maybe she dislikes Gael, but she's married to him, and deserved or not, she can celebrate his achievements. She's supposed to, being his wife.

She gets out of the pool and walks towards the house, it's hot enough for the sun to dry her body before she gets home. She ties up her hair to prevent it from dripping on the floor. Ginny opens the fridge and she takes out a quesadilla that she made the day before and saved. She quickly heats up the pan and waits a bit for it to warm up.

"You should wear fitting clothes more often," Mattias's voice interrupts her. "Oh my god," Ginny shrieks and she jumps around, looking over at him. He's sitting on the couch, beer in his hand. He has a slight flush across his cheeks and small drips of sweat on his forehead. "I didn't realize you guys were here," she says, crossing her arms as she leans against the counter.

Gael shows up, his hair is wet and he's drying it off with a towel. "Working out in that room, I told you I liked doing that," he mutters. Genesis pushes her lips together and she turns her back to the two men.

"Tu esposa tiene un culo bien grande," Mattias says, a smirk growing on his face. Gael's eyes narrow when he glares over at his best friend. 'Your wife has a big ass'. Mattias's eyes are fixated on the girl warming up her own quesadilla.

"Quieres que te de el puñetazo orita o después?" Gael's voice darkens. Ginny turns back to look at him, but she has no idea what he's saying. He's staring right back at Mattias. 'Do you want me to punch you now or later?' Mattias raises his hands in defense and he leans back, looking away from Genesis.