c h a p t e r 1 1

Chapter 11

When Gael told Genesis that they'd have dinner with his friends on their yacht, she didn't expect there to be an actual proper dining room on the boat, but when she entered the dark room with a massive window on the roof, she wasn't surprised.

Genesis quickly pinches Gael's side and she looks up. "Is it bad that I'm not impressed anymore?" She keeps her gaze on him to try and read his expression before he says anything. "You're becoming more and more like me every day," he teases and he nudges her shoulder as he says it.

He moves out a chair for Genesis and when she sits down, he moves her chair so she's comfortable immediately. Gael sits down beside her and he looks at her. "We're good, right?" He knows they're not good, she just told him she hated him 5 minutes ago. Genesis looks at him and she smiles. "We'll talk about that later, okay?" Gael furrows his eyebrows together, but he doesn't say anything.

The tension between them is only growing and Gael hates not being the one in charge right now, but he'll just allow her to have this moment.

She wants to talk in private? They'll talk in private.

"Gael," Jackson interrupts the moment before Gael has a chance to get even more pissed off than he already is. All eyes land on the man waiting for the question or statement that his attention was demanded for. "Jackson," Gael answers, waiting for the guy to speak.

But the growing smirk on Jackson's face only makes Gael regret giving him any attention ever. "I need you to be honest with me right now," Jackson answers. Gael looks at Genesis and then back at Jackson. He knows where this conversation is going. "You want to tell me that you look like that and your wife looks like that and then neither of you want to fuck the other?" Gael's shoulders drop at Jackson's question, it's exactly expected.

"I mean I wanted to," Genesis answers before Gael has the chance to speak up, "Have you seen this guy?" Gael's eyes fall on the girl beside him and he crosses his arms. "But he didn't want it," Genesis answers. She could be adding fuel to the fire, but the girl leans back in her seat and she looks up at him, not saying a word. Gael stays quiet as well, if he speaks now, he'll only regret every word that comes out.

Jackson looks at the guy. It's obvious that he's disappointed. "Can we drop the subject now? I don't think my sex life is any of your business," Gael whines and he crosses his arms. Ginny giggles quietly, but the hand that tightly wraps around her thigh and digs into her skin warns her to drop the subject immediately.

Ginny glances down and her eyes follow the arm up until her gaze meets Gael's. She pushes her eyebrows down and then looks back at the people around them. The food arrives and dinner starts. James is the one to start a lighter conversation and Gael's mood seems to be better. Genesis hoped that maybe he would lighten up, but the quietness over him definitely proves that he was still upset.

First course was a soup. The main course was smoked salmon or rib-eye steak, or even a vegan burger. They only offered one because Natalie is vegan. As dessert they offered vegan ice cream for everyone. It didn't taste any different.

The conversation over dinner is light, Gael didn't say much but Genesis tried to engage him into the conversation. The 5 friends mostly tried to get to know her just so

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Genesis asks the three men. Jackson narrows his eyes and looks at her. "We got it," Hannah answers nicely and she glances back towards the back of the boat. Genesis follows her gaze and it lands on Gael, who's sitting in one of the lounge sets. "Does he always smoke this much or is it recent?" Genesis looks back at Hannah. "He smokes, but not a lot," she answers, "He's probably stressed."