Chapter 4 memories part 1

[Y/N POV] [THREE YEARS EARLIER]

I sat alone in my bedroom looking at my computer screen, working on the design of the med-tech lab on the M-bark. Suddenly a discord call popped up on my screen Startling me out of my work, answering the call my friend F/N pops up on the screen.

F/N: "YO! Y/N what's up?"

Y/N: "Hey F/N, just working like usual." *sigh*

F/N: "Ok, what happened?"

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

F/N just raised his eyebrow and gave me a (are you joking?) Kind of look.

F/N: "Seriously?"

Y/N: *sad sigh* "I came home ..and Kira wasn't there."

I said with worry in my voice.

F/N: "What! Are you serious?"

Y/N: "Yeah she's not here and I'm really worried."

F/N: "What do you think happened?."

Y/N: "I don't know, she didn't have a vet visit scheduled. but with all the P.R.A.T.S stuff going on..."

F/N: "Damn ..well I'm sure she's fine, I mean you two are basically inseparable!"

Y/N: "heh yeah I hope so."

Mom: "Y/N! Come down stairs I have a surprise for you!"

My mom's voice Startled me and I pause for a brief moment to process what she said, a feeling of dread creeping up my spine at what the surprise could be. I just hope I'm wrong.

Y/N: "Hey F/N I got to go my mom is calling me."

F/N: "Alright see you bud, hope you find Kira I know how much you care about her."

Y/N: "me to F/N, see you."

I then end the call and start heading down stairs, that sense of dread getting worse the farther I get. Reaching the bottom of the stairs I turn to the kitchen and see my mom Olga, she stood at around five foot three, she has snow white hair, pale complexion and was wearing a pair of glasses, a lab coat and dress pants. Looking to her I said:

Y/N: "H-hey mom."

Mom: "Hi sweetie, how are you feeling?"

Y/N: "I'm.. okay. But what's this surprise you have?"

My heart pounded against my chest as my mom pointed behind me. Turning around my eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat as I saw the one thing that i was hoping i wouldn't, a familiar amber and white fured husky.. Kira, she was genetically modified to be more human, the fact that she was a dog was still apparent but...

Kira: "Hey Y/N."

Y/N: "H-hey.. I.. um."

I took a few steps back in fear bracing myself against the counter breathing heavily, Kira looked at me worried and tried to say something to me but I couldn't hear over the sound of my heart thumping in my ears. I was scared no.. terrified at what this ment, I was going to lose the one person who's stuck by me the longest and there was nothing I could do about it.

I suddenly felt something soft touch my hand, snapping my head up I see Kira standing in front of me with her ears lowered a worried look on her face and was holding my hand in her paw.

Kira: "Y/N? Are you okay?"

Y/N: *okay? am I okay? No ..no I am not, I'm about to lose my best friend. Your going to leave and I may never see you again ...how can I possibly be okay with that?* "Y-yeah I'm fine."