7

Two days had passed since Chanyeol and Jieun's escape from prison, and the news reached Minjae, causing him to panic

Two days had passed since Chanyeol and Jieun's escape from prison, and the news reached Minjae, causing him to panic. "What?!" he exclaimed upon hearing the guard's report. "Find them immediately! We'll be in serious trouble if we don't locate them quickly!" Frustration and worry etched on his face, Minjae sat down, placing his hands on his temples. His initial plan of hoping the case would be forgotten seemed to be crumbling.

~

Two days later, Baekhyun and Jieun found themselves in a hidden location, strategizing their next move. Jieun shared a vital piece of information with Baekhyun, "Baekhyun-ssi, I have a spare key to my grandmother's house. If we can retrieve it, we can stay there unnoticed." Baekhyun nodded, acknowledging the importance of the key. Jieun made her way to her home to retrieve it, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol remained in their disguised state, keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings.

Concerned about their safety, Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and voiced his doubts, "Do you think we can stay hidden until we reach the designated spot?" Baekhyun met his gaze, his eyes filled with unwavering determination. "Trust me, Chanyeol. If I didn't trust her, we wouldn't have run away with her. Jieun is genuine," Baekhyun assured his friend, emphasising his faith in Jieun's intentions.

Baekhyun's words eased Chanyeol's apprehension, knowing that his friend possessed a keen intuition and an ability to read people accurately. He trusted Baekhyun's judgement implicitly.

After a while, Jieun returned, a smile lighting up her face as she presented the keys to Baekhyun. "Thank you for waiting, Baekhyun-ssi," she expressed her gratitude. Baekhyun couldn't help but smile at her words and playfully responded, "You should call me oppa." A mischievous smirk danced across his face, causing Jieun to blush.

Chanyeol, already feeling frustrated by their precarious situation, became further agitated as he observed his best friend flirting with Jieun. In his frustration, he grabbed Jieun's wrist, urging her to move forward, leaving Baekhyun behind. "Call me oppa next time," Baekhyun called after them, winking at Jieun. She chuckled at his playful remark, while Chanyeol continued to drag her away. They exchanged waves and smiles, hoping for a safe reunion in the future.

"Wow, your friend is quite charming," Jieun remarked as they hurriedly made their way, seeking hiding spots along the route. Chanyeol, focused on their escape, replied without looking at her, "Just because he allowed you to run away with me doesn't mean he's good." Jieun couldn't resist teasing Chanyeol, muttering, "Jealous that your friend is more charming and cool than you?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes in response. "I am cool, that's why I'm a famous football player, and that's why Baekhyun and I are friends," he retorted, emphasising his own merits.

As they traversed through the countryside, Chanyeol engaged Jieun in conversation to distract her from his friend's charms. However, their discussion took an unexpected turn when Jieun suddenly stopped walking. Chanyeol, concerned, began to apologise, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean..." but his words were cut off by Jieun's

interruption as she shared a personal revelation, "She's no longer with us." Jieun's voice dropped to a low tone, indicating the passing of her grandmother. Sensing the sensitivity of the subject, Chanyeol halted his words, acknowledging the weight of the situation.