4

Baekhyun, one of Chanyeol's teammates and close friends, couldn't fathom why Jieun had spread false statements about Chanyeol

Baekhyun, one of Chanyeol's teammates and close friends, couldn't fathom why Jieun had spread false statements about Chanyeol. He stepped forward, fixing her with an intense glare, and asked, "What did they give you to make you tell such lies about Chanyeol, huh?" Jieun, with her arms crossed, rolled her eyes in annoyance and replied, "I don't fabricate stories about anyone for personal gain or anything like that."

"Why, then, did you go around spreading these baseless accusations?" Baekhyun shouted at her. "You know what? Just leave me alone. You're annoying me." Jieun bumped his shoulder in anger and walked away, causing Baekhyun to scoff.

Later on, Baekhyun nervously approached Chanyeol and asked the question that had been troubling him, "Did you really harass her?" Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun in disbelief and exclaimed, "What on earth are you asking me? Do you believe the media and that awful girl over me, your best friend?"

They sat face to face, Chanyeol confined to prison. "It's not like that. I-" Baekhyun attempted to calm him down, but Chanyeol's frustration got the better of him. "I didn't even lay a finger on her, dude. I don't even know who she is. I wasn't even aware of her existence!" Chanyeol's outburst startled Baekhyun, leaving him deeply worried about the situation. 'Oh God, help me!' he thought in desperation.

Meanwhile, as Jieun walked away, she realised that she had left her cellphone behind in the investigation room where she had been just a few minutes ago. Curiosity got the better of her, and she decided to return and retrieve it. Upon reaching the room, she noticed that the conversation inside was still ongoing. With nobody outside, she contemplated knocking on the door. However, something she overheard made her freeze in place. Gasping, she instinctively covered her mouth with one hand while using the other to steady herself against the wall. 'What in the world is going on?' she wondered, her mind filled with a sense of alarm and confusion.