Prologue II

Dûath could never forget the day he was born. It was the day Morgoth brought him to life. There's never been a moment where the thought of his fathers, Draugluin and Carcharoth crossed his mind. Morgoth and Sauron agreed to never hide the truth from Dûath as they were aware of the consequences it would bring. With that in mind, they decided to tell him when they knew the time was right. 

It is time for you to know about the Lord of all Wolves, the son of Draugluin and Carcharoth. 

It was winter when the Great Foe took a stroll in Angband, his dark fortress. Known as the Iron Prison was Morgoth's ancient fortress deep in the Iron Mountains. It can be found secretly under Thangorodrim, the three volcanic mountains and one of the largest mountains in Middle-Earth. Urgent matters crossed his mind rather than the cold wind coming into contact with his armored, muscular body. His loud footsteps echoed the halls as he stopped inside a room filled with tapestries, old books, and ancient paintings. Two paintings on the wall were illuminated with moonlight in the dark room that caught his attention. Morgoth's blazing eyes were filled with awe and memories as he lifted his left hand to touch them. Morgoth was quick to build a façade before sadness took over. Pushing away the regret he felt when they died.

~

Draugluin, the Blue Wolf. He was the first wolf to ever roam Middle-Earth during the First Age. He was bred by Morgoth himself. Deep in the darkness of Angband is where he roamed with his master. Remembered to be dreadful, old, and evil in his soul, he became the lord and sire of all wolves of Beleriand. Draugluin's reign of terror and darkness ended during the Quest for the Silmaril. He was slain by the great wolfhound Huan after a long battle. It was said by the lore that Beren and Lúthien would use his pelt to sneak into the fortress of Angband. 

Carcharoth, the Red Maw. He was known to have lived during the First Age of the Sun and was the greatest after Draugluin. Carcharoth was created by Morgoth's hands filled with flesh and great power for defense against Huan. He was well deserved of his name Anfauglir, the Jaws of Thirst as he grew into great size. His strength and ways of killing were beyond anything ever seen before. His eyes would burn red and his teeth were filled with poison. No one could pass him in Angband unless they would accept their fate. While Carcharoth was killed in single combat by Huan, he managed to poison Huan and Beren mortally with his teeth.