Chapter II: Adrift

Within the foggy sea, Galadriel has not stopped swimming. She had to find a way to get back to Middle-Earth. Even though every part of her body was aching her to stop, her heart would not let her. She continued swimming when she heard a bellowing roar within the sea. She gasped and looked around her surroundings, wondering where it came from. 

With her dagger in her right hand, she found it difficult to make out what lied in front of her. After some time, it was a raft moving towards her. Some luck at last, she thought. 

"Over here." She calls out.

A man and a white creature seated side by side, with a blanket wrapped around the two exchange looks before turning around. They were not alone. Two women and two men get up and witness Galadriel in the water. 

"Come. Come closer. (One woman stretches her arm out to Galadriel.)" A woman with black hair calls out. 

"What do you think you're doing? (An elder man grabs the woman aiding Galadriel and pulls her away.)" An elder man asks.

"I'm not leaving her adrift." 

While they converse with each other, Galadriel attempts to climb on the raft. 

"Suppose you'll be sharing your rations with her then?" The conversation continues.

She is met with a man draped with a blanket, holding his hand out in front of him. 

"The tides of fate are flowing. Yours may be heading in, or out. What do you think little one, hmm?" The man looks to the white creature. A low growl in response could be heard. 

Galadriel glances to her right and is met with a beautiful white wolf and its bright yellow eyes. 

How did a wolf manage to be out here?  She wonders. She wonders about the predicament of a man and a wolf out in the sea, on a wooden raft. Galadriel moves away from the raft and back into the sea. The man and the white wolf share one more moment; with the man taking one more look, but the white wolf's gaze never leaves her. Curiosity or being alert perhaps?  

"Didn't seem bothered when we was debating Doble's death." The elder man says. 

"Cruelty will not be our deliverance. (The woman shoves the elder man away.)" She concludes and approaches the woman. The man with the blanket grabs a part of the wolf's fur, distancing them away from the situation. 

"Don't let her on." Another man says. 

"Pull her up." Another woman says. 

The woman with black hair grabs Galadriel and pulls onto the raft. Everyone keeps their distance except the woman whose assisting her. She returns with a sack of water for Galadriel and she reaches out for it, but the woman aiding her is pushed away once more. 

"Nope. Answers first. (The elder man grabs the sack of water away.) Why are you out here?" The elder man looks to Galadriel. 

"I was separated from my ship." Galadriel answers. 

"Attacked?" Galadriel shakes her head, no. 

"Then you've not seen it? (The other woman whimpers hysterically.) " 

"Seen what?" 

"The worm. (The other woman's whimpers continues.)" 

"We set out two weeks ago, sailing..." The woman aiding her adds in. 

"Need we tell her our affairs?" 

"Why not? (Another man from a distance studies Galadriel closely.) Does she look dangerous to you?"