Bonded

"Gale!"

"Gale!" I swat my hand in the air rolling over as I hear Nya calling my voice.

"Honestly Gale you need to wake up!" She chides as I cover my head with my blanket. 

"Give me another hour Nya. I'm so sleepy." I grumble trying to drift back into the darkness.

She thumps my head with something and sighs "Mira, Colt, and River are already waiting at the arena. You need to get up for Guardian lessons." 

I shot up as soon as she reminded me about the session with the boys and Mira. 

"Oh no!! Thank you, Nya." I say rolling out of bed and tugging on my clothes. 

"See, you need to listen to me. I knew you would forget. I can tell you are struggling to keep up with all of this." She fly's around me as I scurry to get ready. 

"Me struggling?" I cock an eyebrow at her.

She nods looking a little worried. 

"How have you seen my struggle Nya?" 

She hovers next to my face staring at me in the same way she did on the day we first met. "Gale, I've watched you fight in battle with River and the girls. I've seen you lose control of this power just yesterday. I've never seen you be so affected and unable to hold it together. So I'm just worried this has all been too much." She looks very worried now. I can see the tears welling up.

I gently scoop her up and cup her into my cheek and lightly nuzzle into her. "I know."

I sigh and move her away some so I can look at her. 

"I'm sorry if this has made you very worried Nya. I haven't even thought about how it might make you feel. I think it's because for once I'm safe. So I've been letting my guard down." I place her on my shoulders I make my way towards the arena to meet up with the other's. "I know I need to keep up my guard to rein my energy in but being near them..." I trail off biting my bottom lip feeling stressed.

"By them you mean River right?" Nya said softly. 

I not still feeling the light buzz that never seems to go away since joining our magic together in the woods almost two months ago. "It's all very overwhelming. An I just let myself trust in him and the girls so easily." I clench my fist feeling the anger bubble up inside of me. If mother had taught me anything useful it was that my power was to dangerous to ever let my emotions distract me. 

"You can trust them, Gale. I just want you to be safe and honest with them. They should know all of you. So they know how truly unstable this power can be. I've seen you only a few times lose control from allowing strong emotions in, and you deserve to feel. You deserve to be happy and maybe even fall in love?" Nya hints the last part hopefully, but it just hurts. 

"You know I can't do that... I have a bigger purpose for being here. Mother isn't halting her plans just because I escaped. Argo was proof on that and with him gone she'll know where he found me and that I used pure magic to end it. She'll be coming." 

"She'll be coming?" 

I jump almost causing Nya to topple from my shoulder. "Mira." I say nervously as I chuckle nervously.

"That's me silly, sorry if I scared you. The boys asked me to go looking for you. We were a little worried you got lost." She wraps her arms around my waist as she directs me towards Alfea arena. 

"She was trying to sleep in. But luckily for her she has me to try and keep her on time." Nya said flying up in front of us. 

Mira smiles at her and gives me a little squeeze. "It's been a lot for you I'm sure. Finding out you were a Guardian. Battling a powerful dragon, realizing the connection of a bond." She looks over at me sympathetically.  "The bond is one of the most confusing things, to separate what true love feels like and to just be two souls connecting. But luckily River is the best guy to be bonded with. He won't try and get lost in the connection. He'll guide you and teach you how to control the emotions that start to awaken now that you know who you truly are." 

I nod feeling somewhat relieved. 

"Miss Faragonda is actually the reason we all got roomed together. Her family has been the Guardian's gatekeeper for thousands of years. Reason why she's still the head mistress of Alfea. Until she trains us all to our full potential she can't retire. She had to wait a ton of years until we would be brought back. She truly has a hard job. Trying to figure out when we would be born, to who, and where. She had the hardest time finding you." 

Not shocked to hear that... mother kept charms around my neck at all times so no one could sense my power. 

As we walk into the arena, I see River waving at us.